M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an M1A and have been having problems with ejecting and extracting. I figured that I would purchase USGI parts for the bolt and hopefully it would cure the problems. The extracting and ejecting problems were from both my handloads and good mil. surplus ammo.

Anyway, I decided to purchase a USGI extractor, extractor spring and plunger, ejector and ejector spring. I purchased the parts through a well known USGI parts vendor.

I received the parts today and inspected them. Everything looks good except for the ejector. The ejector looks cast. Were the original USGI parts cast? The ejector also has a couple of flaws on it (protrusions).

The vendor said that these parts were used, but in excellent condition USGI. I can't imagine how the ejector would be used since the protrusions are so high. I'm not sure if the ejector will fit in the bolt due to the high protrusions. Also, if the ejector would have been installed in a bolt some time during its life I would expects to see wear marks on the protrusions, but the protrusions look very clean (no wear).

Any opinions on this ejector?

Thanks, Paul

[/IMG]

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Stone em off and install. Those look like pushed metal from the machining. Never seen it before, but if the overall geometry is good, run it. Looks like a 30sec fix.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I wouldn't be afraid to grind the edge's down and run them but I would keep an eye out for future problems just in case you have an ejector with soft metal or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts