M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone say if this ball and A.P. is safe to use in the M1A without the Nato cross on the head stamp?
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
The photo below is AP

Looks to be Israeli stuff.

But I have been wrong on more that one occasion.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
9th is correct it is Israeli, first Number is the Lot, second Number the Year it was made, I have no experience with Israeli Ammo, but I would say that it was safe to shoot in Your M1A!

·
Banned
776 Posts
9th is correct it is Israeli, first Number is the Lot, second Number the Year it was made, I have no experience with Israeli Ammo, but I would say that it was safe to shoot in Your M1A!
Best to avoid 7.62 Israeli with the TZZ stamp as some members have had major issues with it.

·
Administrator
18,143 Posts
Research, the only good game in town anymore......

The top picture is of standard military surplus ammunition from Yugoslavia, '89, [ nny ], Berdan, zero crimp with red/orange primer sealant. Manufactured Oct. 1989. (PPU = NNY in English)

The bottom picture is of the TZ military surplus ammunition from Israel, [ú ö], zero crimp with red or black primer sealant visible, month-year lots. Such as...

12-68= Dec.1968.
9-72= Sept. 1972.
3-74= March 1974.
11-70= Nov. 1970.DI5

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Again XXIV Corps is correct( I did not see the Top Picture)I have never had a Problem with Yugoslav Ammo, as a matter of Fact I think it is very Good!
PS The only Problem with Israeli Ammo that I have heard of is with TZ 80,it seems to have been made with unreliable Brass!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.
I guess it would be safe to assume that both would be ok given that the A.P. does not say TZZ. I've had the AP rounds for about fifteen years. They were sold as battlefield pick-ups for ( I think ) $50-75.00 a thousand.Also in the mix was F.N. but they have the nato cross. Most had some discoloration.

·
Administrator
18,143 Posts
The lost art of Research is doing great...

I guess it would be safe to assume that both would be ok given that the A.P. does not say TZZ. I've had the AP rounds for about fifteen years. They were sold as battlefield pick-ups for ( I think ) $50-75.00 a thousand.
m14nm,

So the big question still stands, what is the headstamp on the military surplus AP ammunition then? Is it Lake City maybe?DI5

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
m14nm,

So the big question still stands, what is the headstamp on the military surplus AP ammunition then? Is it Lake City maybe?DI5
This is the head stamps of the Ap. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
[/IMG]

·
Administrator
18,143 Posts
Research, the only good game in town anymore......

Thanks m14nm. I'm just slow sometimes.DI5

1 - 11 of 11 Posts