M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am seeing more and more Americans standing up along with the LEO's in their neighborhood...

With their AR-15's and side arms protecting against the looting and burning.

I can't help but wonder if maybe some good will come out of this and wake up some fence sitters on our 2A Rights???

Of course the MSN tries to make it into something bad but from the skyrocketing sales of ANY firearm the Public is not buying it?

Just wondering if this might turn out to be a good thing looking back in the rear view mirror???USN5

Attachments

·
Registered
6,297 Posts
It might be a good thing. For the police to be effective, they need to be part of the community. I'm afraid that ship sailed long ago, with the WAR on some Drugs.
To the LSM and the Deep State, there's no such thing as a Militia, it's called vigilante(ism) and gun control means guns only in the hands of those they control. IMO, we do a disservice to freedom when we buy into the Left/Right dichotomy.
Make no mistake, the Constitutional usurpation we acquiesce to, tacitly or implicitly, will be used by the other side when the pendulum swings.........and swing it will. Non State firearms ownership will one of the earliest losses.

·
Registered
Save the Country - Vote Libertarian
146 Posts
Any time the 2A is used in a manner befitting our rights and not used to intimidate then I see it as a good thing. It's not a surprise that LEO are less afraid of people open carrying ARs in public than they are worried about people in all black and headcoverings

·
Registered
72 Posts
I do not think it's a good thing because whatever happens will certainly be reported in such a fashion as to inflame public opinion against guns and people who own them.

Such reporting will fan the flames of new legislation designed to protect the public from them bad gunowners.

I personally think the discord benefits Mr. Trump -- on the theory that it is so crazy and that there lies a huge silent majority of people like me just waiting for election day. But I do not know and cannot predict.

Like it or not there is a chance and a big chance if today's polls are an indication that he will lose. As insane as it sounds Sleepy Joe could end up POTUSA grabbing for your "AR-14." Personally I cannot imagine the democrats being dumb enough to run him but it looks like a done deal. When a guy tells an African American person in public that he is not really black if he doesn't vote for the democrat I automatically believe he is running to be the third black president. (Bill Clinton was first, then Mr. Obama). If you doubt this strategy consider how Biden did nothing, not a thing, until the South Carolina primary -- which state has a substantial black population. There is an awful lot of voting power in that community and those are the people being stirred up by this wave of discord.

I am uneasy when the plan is as obvious as it seems to me.

I'm praying for an end to the COVID 19 threat without a resurgence and a booming economy for the three months heading into the November election.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,
Maybe this is to deep, but in WWI there was already a Zionist movement in Palestine to create the country of Israel.

T.E.Lawrence had the opinion after the war that this would never happen and his opinion was pretty well respected to say the least.

At the time, Lawrence nor the World for saw the rise of Hitler and WWII and the persecution of the Jewish People.

Just sayin, most advances in Technology and Thinking for us Humans come through Warfare or Conflicts.

Maybe these Riots although bad will have a positive effect we can't really see yet.

One thing to remember is if there is a chance to take a lemon and make lemonade...

At least we have a Man in the White House to do it!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do not think it's a good thing because whatever happens will certainly be reported in such a fashion as to inflame public opinion against guns and people who own them.

Such reporting will fan the flames of new legislation designed to protect the public from them bad gunowners.

I personally think the discord benefits Mr. Trump -- on the theory that it is so crazy and that there lies a huge silent majority of people like me just waiting for election day. But I do not know and cannot predict.

Like it or not there is a chance and a big chance if today's polls are an indication that he will lose. As insane as it sounds Sleepy Joe could end up POTUSA grabbing for your "AR-14." Personally I cannot imagine the democrats being dumb enough to run him but it looks like a done deal. When a guy tells an African American person in public that he is not really black if he doesn't vote for the democrat I automatically believe he is running to be the third black president. (Bill Clinton was first, then Mr. Obama). If you doubt this strategy consider how Biden did nothing, not a thing, until the South Carolina primary -- which state has a substantial black population. There is an awful lot of voting power in that community and those are the people being stirred up by this wave of discord.

I am uneasy when the plan is as obvious as it seems to me.

I'm praying for an end to the COVID 19 threat without a resurgence and a booming economy for the three months heading into the November election.
Hi,
Uh, well....Jimmy Carter was actually the first Black President!!!RNGR2

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
If the citizens COULD use deadly force it would be a good thing. I pity the fool who shoots a looter. He'll be ruined for life amid legal battles.
And the media will crucify you if you needed to defend yourself against a group of "unarmed" criminals intending to do you harm as well.

Like being "unarmed" makes you helpless, non-threatening, and innocent.

The media always tosses that out there anytime someone needs to use a firearm to defend themselves and the perpetrators may have something other than a firearm.

Since I'm already here, preaching to the choir...

Has anyone noticed the amount of people shot by police that have drugs in their system? Could it be drugs are making them irrational, combative, unable to follow commands, and violent?

Would anyone expect that would make it more likely to be shot during interaction with law enforcement?

Maybe that should be taken into account in some of the cases - ya think?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I defer to your sound judgment about President Carter. I prefer to think of him as our first Islamic fundamentalist president. That's how the Ayatollah Khomeini remembers him.

You can keep the Israeli girl soldier. The brunette with the cocked and locked Commander would have been my kind of gal . . . fifty-something years ago. I'm betting a REAL light weight Commander, aluminum frame. Possibly chambered for something an old man like me could handle. .38 Super?

Obviously the level of discourse has sunk pretty low here (along with my fantasies). But thanks for the picture.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi,
There is double or triple the Black Population in Prisons, for a reason...

And it is not Racism...

Just sayin, easier to blame someone (Police) or something else (Guns?) for your Problem...

Than to clean up your own Act!!!RNGR3

Attachments

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Some of you don't remember the Watt's riots or maybe they were before your time. A good many shop owners defended their businesses with firearms and they were the ones who didn't get looted or burned out. A can of gasoline is just as deadly as a gun in a criminals hands.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
It is certainly a good thing for people to defend themselves.

It is better when a show of force completely deters violence and destruction.

There are a lot of good things that could come out of this, if the media would stop trying to shape it as a massive country-wide conflict. Some police in our area, during a demonstration, joined the demonstration, making a proactive effort to show that the abuses of power in question did not represent their ideals, and were in fact, counter to their professional and personal values. I talked to a retired LEO who was a couple steps short of livid in discussing some of the particular cases where racism apparently played a role in brutality towards dark-skinned people, by police officers or not.

Similarly, many if not most of the people demonstrating don't actually hate all police, or think most police are racist abusers, and can understand that sometimes bad apples need to be removed from good barrels, or on occasion a barrel of bad apples might still have a few good ones, but the barrel needs to be dumped, sorted, whatever.

But despite this being a potential opportunity to actually get a foot in the door and heal up polarized groups who have grown to largely hate each other, the mechanisms and executors of social media, as well as mainstream media, seem to want to encourage Americans seeing each other as extremist cartoons, as opposed to estranged cultural groups that have been operating on misinformation based on propaganda and misinformation, and have a lot of catching up to do, and if they did so, could do some good instead of cracking down on threats that, on an actual basis of significant incident rate, don't exist to any degree of substance.

Which spins me off on another related tangent. The quote, "If saves one life..." we should try it thing.. No, to save just one, we shouldn't do much of anything that incidentally endangers millions. That is an incredibly fallacious and intellectually dishonest mindset.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
I live in a neighborhood that is populated mostly with retired folks, ages ranging from 60 or upward. Peaceful, friendly, and have been here for more than 30 years and experienced no crime of even petty in nature. However, with the advent of the riots and extreme demonstrations taking place such activity could well be in front of my home. I took the opportunity to speak with my Mayors office and the Governors office to simply state that should such violence come about in front of my house and it became quite obvious that damage to my home, and my wife and I were in imminent
danger I would take any steps to protect both home and family. Our local PD has reputation of being both firm and fair and could deal with it, but question is will the "management" back them up to prevent them doing what they are trained to do???
Well, if the PD is not able to do their duty, then who else is going to do it to protect the citizens and the answer is quite simple, you the individual that is facing such violence.
I have no desire to shoot anyone but if it comes to protecting me and my loved ones, I will be very likely to do just that. Some would ask how is one person going to be able to prevent a crowd of screaming anarchists doing harm to one with a handgun or AR or similar rifle? A basic definition of a firearm is an item that will prevent others from imposing their will upon you if it is not desired. I will not go quietly into the night!

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Some would ask how is one person going to be able to prevent a crowd of screaming anarchists doing harm to one with a handgun or AR or similar rifle? A basic definition of a firearm is an item that will prevent others from imposing their will upon you if it is not desired. I will not go quietly into the night!
I think the terms 'Hard Target' and 'Herd Immunity' are relevant to that potential situation. Even in less rational moments, most people have some kind of perpetual risk/reward calculation going on inside of their head. It may be short-sighted, and limited, and even delusional, but if it is made clear that the risk is substantial for little reward, or the cost is potentially everything for little benefit, it can certainly prevent the trickle that could cascade into a waterfall.

And that trickle, may be the one person with not just bad judgment and lack of moral backbone, but the structure, which is why when entire neighborhoods harden (a.k.a., Korea Town), that deterrence is exponentially enhanced. Better yet, if that degree of hardening is known ahead of time, it may entirely dissuade a presence, giving people pause to consider, is this even an appropriate place for demonstration?

It is unfortunately that thoughtful people like yourselves, who wish to avoid violence, but refuse to be a passive victim, or so often characterized as aggressive predators waiting in ambush for a poor naive well-meaning social justice hero to step into a trap.

It is not only insulting to people acting or willing to act well within their rights and appropriate behavior, it is insulting to those sincere about standing up and being heard about what may very well be legitmate issues, in that it casts a low standard of behavior and stains the right of the first amendment. It effectively, and maybe intentionally, gives perceived leadership (and maybe eventually real leadership) of any movement to those who would love to play terrorist, by normalizing behaviors and methods that should be immediately and entirely recognized as universally unacceptable.

Good luck to you, and the same to all. Steer the best you can, and I'll try to do the same.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I live in a neighborhood that is populated mostly with retired folks, ages ranging from 60 or upward. Peaceful, friendly, and have been here for more than 30 years and experienced no crime of even petty in nature. However, with the advent of the riots and extreme demonstrations taking place such activity could well be in front of my home. I took the opportunity to speak with my Mayors office and the Governors office to simply state that should such violence come about in front of my house and it became quite obvious that damage to my home, and my wife and I were in imminent
danger I would take any steps to protect both home and family. Our local PD has reputation of being both firm and fair and could deal with it, but question is will the "management" back them up to prevent them doing what they are trained to do???
Well, if the PD is not able to do their duty, then who else is going to do it to protect the citizens and the answer is quite simple, you the individual that is facing such violence.
I have no desire to shoot anyone but if it comes to protecting me and my loved ones, I will be very likely to do just that. Some would ask how is one person going to be able to prevent a crowd of screaming anarchists doing harm to one with a handgun or AR or similar rifle? A basic definition of a firearm is an item that will prevent others from imposing their will upon you if it is not desired. I will not go quietly into the night!
Actually, that's not their duty -

SUPREME COURT RULING: Police Have No Duty To Protect The General Public

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/supreme-court-ruling-police-have-no-duty-to-protect-the-general-public/

https://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/justices-rule-police-do-not-have-a-constitutional-duty-to-protect.html

Their job is to "...investigate crimes and arrest criminals."

We're on our own when it comes to personal protection.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
These Rioters & even the Protestors are very well funded & trained , to some extent , on doing bodily harm to anyone in their way . I would not say anyone that has had prior training , to be a Protester , he/she to me would be a Terrorist in every sense of the word , especially if they are trained in the use of violence against others , & this is what I think is going on with all of this , to provoke a response from , the LEO's or those opposing their view . They want someone to shoot them up , be it LEO or a Bunch of people that just cant take the Looters or Rioters any more .

They are well backed by some in the Political arena , Politicians , Governors , Mayors & such & are getting funds to pay people to be there from a verity of sources .I think most of the people speaking out in favor of all this are afraid for one thing or another , be it the Entertainment community , because they don't want someone to block their stupid shows on TV or Movies , to Major Sports who don't want to lose a spectator or be banned & then we have the Politicians who don't want to lose a Vote . I believe these thugs could be the storm troopers of the Democommie Party , I cant believe any of those demonstrating or rioting to vote Republican .

As said they are well funded & have professional instructors for what they are doing , something we are not doing , they are proactive & we are barely reactive . This whole episode should be a wake up call for anyone on the fence that this country is being systematically broken down for several reasons , one is getting rid of Trump , they need to get rid of him because the Swamp , so to speak, is being broken apart & they have spent many many years building it up .Their power base is being compromised .

I don't have any answers , but something has to be done , just not sure what , maybe it is best to let them show how evil they are & I don't think for a minute they are just going to go away .

1 - 20 of 50 Posts