M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,449 Posts
Yes, the marking is wrong. I will not let out on this internet the real markings because the fakers will change them.

The thing about the markings are there were two different markings you show, and the late ones often were hard to read. He has the markings wrong.

The guy who makes them has never put those markings on them, but maybe he started. It is a good quality fake, but the maker never listed them as original. One of the Class 3 dealers has always had them and lied about them to one of the M14 book authors and the author listed the fakes in his book. When the writter visited me, I showed him the difference.

· Registered
90 Posts
I have one marked 7791661 where this one is marked 125-----, and there are no other makings or stamped letters. It came in a box of parts and I have always figured it to be a repro.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is supposed to be the difference in the 77-- & 125-- numbers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.