M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought another chinese m-14.there are no markings on the reciever heal.only a serial number on the rear left side of the reciever.barrel on left side reads ca/st alb.vt.then in smaller wrighting reads m1a sa sporter 308 china.is this a norinco or?do the soft bolt problems pertain to these guns too?shot around 80 rounds through it today,does great.any info is appreciated. :?:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have its sister, and I think mine is a Norinco. Others will chime in and let us know. The bolt was changed out in mine to a USGI before I got it. Per Ron Smith the bolts are the problem. They are great shooters though.
Congrats.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have what I believe to be two Norinco receivers. They are both marked identically on the left side of the heel and again up by the lower front of the receiver. These are the only markings on either of these receivers. There were other markings as you have, but they were on the barrels that had to be replaced. The top receiver is 960xx and the bottom one is 942xx.

-Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.