M14 Forum banner

Is this a deal or not?

735 2
I've been away from M-1 Garands for 22 years now so I don't have clue as to what different guns are worth. I'm just looking for a shooter.
I have a guy who is offering me a 4mil range Korean era Springfield CMP gun, the throat gauges out to about 4 and it's supposed to be 90% matching parts, arsenal marked stock.
Is $700 a reasonable price if it checks out?

Any advice is much appreciated.

JC
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
That's kinda high in my book. I wouldn't pay that much for a rifle with a TE of 4 unless it was an all correct collector piece.

I picked up a mint armory refinished WWII SA a few months back for that price. TE was 1.8 & muzzel wear was .5 - it was essentially a new 1947 barrel.

If you're looking for a good shooter, it would be worth your time to qualify to purchase from the Civilian Marksmanship Program. You can buy a nice Service Grade SA M1 Garand for $500.

Just my opinions, take 'em for what you paid for them. ;)

Good Luck!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input.
I've been waiting to order a CMP gun because I've heard they will be at the next big Houston HGCA/Reliant Center gun show in January. I had planned to go the CMP route.
Then this rifle popped up and the guy needs a little Christmas money apparently. I at least take a look at it on Saturday.

JC

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.