M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
I'm not a doctor. If you have a medical issue, get a real doctor.

If it is a focus question, I studied enough optics as part of my engineering degree that maybe I can help.

Not to rob the OP's thread here but ShootingSight,
I have a 10 degree or so 'phase' discrepancy?

I require 'prizums' (sp) in my prescription glasses... Will that effect your lenses for the hoods?

·
Eye Master
4,121 Posts
Prism values are because your eyes are not aligning properly, so I imagine it messes up your depth perception at best, and gives you double vision at worst.

However for shooting, it's a non-issue. You are aiming with one eye, so all of that goes away.

The only thing I'd say is in considering options of if you add power to a set of glasses, or add a lens in the hood, I would keep my distance vision glasses with the prism value, and just add a +0.50 in the hood of the rifle, so you don't have to put on/take off/put on/take off your glasses every time you take a shot.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I thought Eyeguy might be a eye person. But hopefully in an emergency people know not to come here first. Probably Smiley will chime in here soon to let us know what's up. Maybe somebody PMd him??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.