M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
The way I see it is there is only one "threat" to the M14 and that is the SR-25. The SR has the slightest edge over the M14 in terms of accuracy but has more than twice the parts. The M14 is here to stay. Sure, USGI parts may become scarce but companies will step up to produce them. Take LRB for example. Theres literally 5 people in that entire company and they produce the finest M14 receiver in the world.

·
Registered
639 Posts
To me the M14 is as noble is the plow. She is not fancy..but she will plow. These newer aluminum 4th-cousins are nice - no doubt. They are eager to rid the M14 coz they last too long...lost of steel. The military is always looking to spend more money. Why would they keep something that never breaks?

And to train a proper rifleman today - they need to make sure he never gets a wrinkle on his BDUs..or break his manicure. He or she can move from one sex to another -paid for by the military. I am sure 3rd world enemies who still use punji sticks are laughing at us about now.

YOu also need a war to make use of all these new shiny things. There is not profits in peace time like an event of war.

I look at the M14 as the kid that is never asked to play in the game - for the very reason it will be a short game if he come on the field.
I agree that the new M5 and cartridge are going nowhere. I would refer you to the FBI and the 10mm…

1 - 2 of 2 Posts