M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,109 Posts
Every SAI oprod I have had or seen worked fine. Tighter than USGI and guaranteed for life. The SOCOM ones are cheesy looking, though. RNGR2

I have heard that the current ones are forged, from either Taiwan or South Korea, but have nothing to back it up.

·
Super Moderator
11,174 Posts
No there junk!! contact me via PM and I will give you instructions on proper disposal. I don't what these chuckle heads giving you unsafe instruction that could get you or someone else hurt.

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
No there junk!! contact me via PM and I will give you instructions on proper disposal. I don't what these chuckle heads giving you unsafe instruction that could get you or someone else hurt.
Yep spot on Phil. I better get rid of mine since its cast and replace it with the OP Rods that TRW had made by god him self!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Wow. Almost a different answer with each post. We have to find out.

I heard it was forged... and Korean.

Yep spot on Phil. I better get rid of mine since its cast and replace it with the OP Rods that TRW had made by god him self!
From what I understand, TRW op-rods were the only USGI ones that were forged in one piece. the rest were welded together. Whoever welded my H&R op-rod together did a damn good job.

·
Super Moderator
11,174 Posts
Naaa, you better send that one in too me as well, it only used one piece of steal. You might poke a eye out with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts