M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So originally it was/is a Super Match, and I switches out the over sized walnut for the Boyds M21 stock... Is it safe to call it a M21? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated... Is there anything else I need to add to it to make it an M21? BEERCHUG1
I basically got the stock to avoid purchasing a cheek rest (removable or drill on)... and I'm pretty happy with the decision I made BIGOK

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks great. I ordered a M21 stock from SA a couple of days ago. They are going to install and glass bed along with unitizing the gas system on my loaded at the same time. They seem to have very responsive customer service there.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks great. I ordered a M21 stock from SA a couple of days ago. They are going to install and glass bed along with unitizing the gas system on my loaded at the same time. They seem to have very responsive customer service there.
You'll be as stoked as I am or even more when you get yours together! BEERCHUG1

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm planning to shoot it without being re-bedded tomorrow morning and will take some notes and compare it when it does get re-bedded.
Will it hurt anything firing it without proper bedding? It has the metal sleeve in the wood stock and it does feel like a tight fit...

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you could call it a clone. just because you put badges and a big block in a malibu, doesnt make it a chevelle SS.
Just weird thinking of it though...
Between the Super Match and the M21 what is really the difference besides the obvious that it didn't come out the factory an M21? ROOL1

This will be a long life companion to me. I plan to add on a few more things (TiN piston, Different muzzle brake *maybe*, etc..)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can call it a rainbow puking pink unicorn if it makes you feel any better... SA Inc. is still going to say it left the factory as a SuperMatch...

Did you get the stock bedded?
The stock and some of the M21's had Krieger barrels. I think that's about it. But like I said, SA Inc. will still say it's a SuperMatch if anyone asks them.
I've seen on SA Inc's site that they also come with'em Douglas barrels as well. I'm happy as hell having the M21 stock on... I got this Super Match for a straight swap for a SOCOM16 that I bought for a little over $1200. I'm keeping the Super Match stock and gonna compare the 2 at shooting... not expecting any difference as this rifle out shoots me. Thanks for all your input NoExpert!BEERCHUG1

·
"Death From Above"
11,935 Posts
The action is the exact same thing only the stock is different. The only one who will know the difference is you us SAI and god. Lol. It's a nice rifle and stock combination if you ask me. Of course like noexpert said if someone were to buy it and run the numbers it would have left the factory and a SM.
It's a SAI m21 now! Don't worry about the small stuff drop some match ammo in it and paint that x ring.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The only one who will know the difference is you us SAI and god. Lol.
It's a SAI m21 now! Don't worry about the small stuff drop some match ammo in it and paint that x ring.
Right on BEERCHUG1... I'll stick to calling it the Super match with the M21 stock/"BIG RED" ICONLOL...
Took it out today... and this thing is amazing... I'm getting 1 inch groupings at 130 yards without being bedded. At little close (+ or - Bushnell range finder) 300 yards... I was getting mixed groupings 1 to 2 inches and a lot of strays (I was getting to excited and my shooting sucks, ICONROLLEY).... with surplus ammo.
can't wait to get it Bedded and some $nice$ ammo and see the difference.

·
NSRA
2,579 Posts
Did just the opposite here. Bought an M21, as I found one at a great deal, and dropped it in a oversize walnut for service rifle. Now I can have both as you can Super and tactical, for the price of one........ What a great world.

·
"Death From Above"
11,935 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing Jaildog. I have 2 double lugged M25 actions one in a McMillan m3a stock and the ofer will get the same dress. I don't evev plan on scoping the m21 again so I plan on dropping it in a another Mac M1A stock and having another SM that I can use in competitions. Don't ask I still have not figured out why I need a back up SM comp rifle but it's all I can figure to do with it other than sell it which really is not an option at this point. So back up it is! How many scooped M14's does one need? Yup you already know it I have the illness. On another note I am working on a 308 black rifle and a midlength M4 both in the A2 configuration. No more scopes for me please.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This just never ends does it...? I love it... Now I want another one with a McMillan stock.... dammmit! LOL1
Another note on the scope mounted on "Big Red"... They are a set of American Defense QD's... Had 2 hang up's due to the front of the mount sticking out just enough to catch the shells when being ejected. The back of the mount is slowly being chiseled from the ejected shells as well. I gotta get another scope with some decent rings... BEERCHUG1

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Did just the opposite here. Bought an M21, as I found one at a great deal, and dropped it in a oversize walnut for service rifle. Now I can have both as you can Super and tactical, for the price of one........ What a great world.
Hahahaha :ARM37: yes..yes it is a wonderful world... what happens when you add a McMillan M25 stock... 3SOME hehehehe
Enjoy!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.