M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell by looking at the rifle if it is a SA Standard Loaded model? I was looking at what was described to me as a SA Standard Loaded at a show recently, but how do I know? I realize the standard has walnut, a medium weight barrel, non hooded rear sight etc., but is there some way of telling by just looking at the rifle? If this is a dumb question go easy on me GI3DISHOUTDISHOUT I'm a boot with this weapon.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
If you look at the top of the barrel just back a ways from the muzzle break it should say NM 308, if it's stainless it will say NM 308 SS. Also the break itself will be bored for NM which will make it a larger hole than standard. On the front sight it will have itched 'NM 062' on the side of it. Look underneath the windage knob and you will see a small ball bearing that it rides on. This is to give it the 1/2 moa adjustment. That's about all I can think of at this time.

·
Registered
744 Posts
There is a standard loaded. It's a standard model, wood stock or synthetic, it comes with the loaded coupon. Then there is the loaded model. This is a NM rifle missing the hooded peep, and is not bedded. It also comes with the loaded coupon. I believe that's how the Springfield site lists them. .02.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is it loaded

I thought every firearm was loaded...

Sorry couldn't help myself..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts