M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I love my M1's and try to see as many as possible but I need some help on this. How do you tell if a rifle has been reparked? Anyone have pictures? yes vs no? I have a winchester with a LMR barrel, so I know it was replaced, but I have no idea if it was ever refinished. Can someone steer me in the right direction? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I look first at the oprod track on the side of the receiver. If you can see wear marks that have park over them, then it's been reparked. Check for dings and pitting that are parked over, rounded edges, letters and machine tooling marks.

Ty

·
Registered
170 Posts
is the breech of the barrel bright, or parked?

·
Banned
611 Posts
delloro, that one is no good. I use a plug on a threaded rod on non chrome bores and it covers the entire face of the breech end. No park on there when I do them. It needs to stay smooth and shiney.

Can I ask why you are concerned whether it's a repark or not? The military reparked them too and it doesn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. I really don't care for any reason other than I want to know how. All my garands are CMP, and may be reparked or may not. I 'd just like to know for my own knowlege.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.