M14 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been overseas for a while and come home and looked for some M2AP. After a lot of effort I found some beat up bullets (projos) with fairly ugly pull marks. Everything else was 'out of stock'. Did the seemingly inexhaustable supply dry up when I was gone? Is there no manufacturer out there for the M1 Garand traditionalist long range market? Isn't M2AP required for the Federal Standardized tests on body armor too? Is there no manufacturer for the prepper market?

·
Registered
394 Posts
You're pretty much "SOL" for any decent priced. You can find them on gunbroker for $1+ per pulled bullet and completely outrageous prices for loaded rounds. The 30-06 M2 AP is specifically listed as exempt on the ATF AP list, I'd imagine newly manufactured bullets to the same specs would be classified as AP and that would open a whole new can of worms. I could be wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me if I am.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ammogarand still has the Norwegian Raufoss listed on their site although the ammo selections seem to have dropped off since my last visit. I'm going to assume there is a lot out there but packed away for special occasions. At the price asked, I think match ammo is going to be more readily available and price competitive, too.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I did see about 100 rounds in my local gun store. I didn't ask the price but it was in cardboard and it looked like it had been stored properly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts