M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the Blue Book the other day and noticed that Irwin Pedersen carbines are valued higher than most of the others. What is the reason for this. Are they better made or are they rare?

·
Registered
40 Posts
They are considerably rarer, IIRC that the Irwin Pedersens didn't meet milspec and therefore were never a major mfg of the Carbines. There are prob others on this board with much better info.

·
Retired
4,807 Posts
No Irwin-Pedersen carbines were ever accepted by the Ordnance Corp. They had many problems. Saginaw Steering & Gear took over the IP plant and used up IP parts in stock, so that is why you find IP carbines. I'm not sure of the exact number of IP carbine receivers made, but it was several thousand. Not many, considering something like over 6 million carbines made during the war.

As an interesting historical side note, the Pedersen guy in this company is the same guy that invented the Pedersen Device for the M1903 Mark I Springfield rifle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pederson M1 carbines

The number I've herd was around the 2000 to 2500 range
A Irwin Pederson carbine documented as 100% correct is or can be worth close to $6000 to the advanced M1 carbine collector

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.