M14 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to the Raleigh/Durham area in North Carolina. Beats Cali any day :) I was wondering if anyone could recommend a shooting range, that allows IPSC rifle/pistol training. Mainly rifle. Most ranges don't allow any type of rapid fire or double taps or if they do it's limited to handguns. It can be a private club too. I would be willing to join if it's a good setup. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

Al

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone answered you? Might want to check out Sir Walter Gun Club. Their range is actually located just outside Creedmore, NC. It is a members only club but if memory serves me right they do have an open range day once in a while.

Hope this helps you.
Robert

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Range

Although I live in Durham, I joined Rockingham County Gun Club. It's a little over an hour each way but it's a beautiful drive. The range has, multiple Skeet and Trap facility's. 3 Pistol pits, a utility range, a rim fire range and a 100 & 200 yard rifle range. Having tried to get into Durham Rifle & pistol club, I gave up after a year and a half of waiting and just bit the bullet.
There are also many matches at Camp Butner. Hope that helps. PM me if you need more info.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes!

Shooting Sports Inc. (SSI)

The range is up 401 near Louisberg. Once you join and go through orientation you get the combination to the gate. If I go out on a weekday I usually have the place to myself.

The guys at YoungGuns gunstore in Apex run it and can get you the application.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys. I will definitely be checking them out. I'm still new to the area and any help is greatly appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts