M14 Forum banner

Iowa shooting get together

2658 Views 14 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  DoubleStack
Would anyone here be interested in doing a get together to shoot their M1A's, AR's, Garands, FAL's, etc? I would do this at the High Lakes Outdoor Alliance Range down by Creston, IA. The fee for all day for the range is $5. They have pistol pit, 100yd Zero, and up to 770yds from covered shooting benches. The long range has steel gongs at almost all ranges. No Magnums allowed at the gongs. Just throwing that out there. Nothing formal just figured I will see who is all interested. Not much planning would be required other than finding a date that would work for majority. Please let me know in this thread how many would express interest. Thanks everyone
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,158 Posts
I just looked this place over online. Oh my gosh - I love it! I have a home in Omaha. This place is perfect for rifle qualifications.

Has everything too, camping and fishing, cabins.

I am down. I hope I can take time off.

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello everyone,

Now that we have a few people interested how soon would people be interested? I have a new job interview next week but I will be in iowa until at least mid May 2019 but later this month or early next month and I could make something work. I will know more in about a week and will keep everyone posted. Let me know what you think and we will try to find what works best! The range is awesome here is a link. https://highlakesgunrange.wixsite.com/hloa/patient-information. Will be in touch

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beings I'm getting tons of feedback, I'm thinking Sunday the 30th of June. I will plan on arriving mid morning and staying majority of the day. If things change I will let everyone know.

· Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!! I didn't realize this range exists.

I've already got plans for the weekend of the 30th, but I'm going to take a visiting friend there while he's in the area next month.
For sure, I try to go there as frequently as possible. If you want company or help spotting just send me a message. Or if you have questions throw them up here would love to help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.