M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago my local Lions Club had a tour of our state DCI Crime Lab facility. It's in a new building that was built with input from the folks who work there, rather than being stuck in an existing govt building - they are pretty proud of it. We saw a lot of impressive stuff. They saved the best for last - their "Gun Library". I almost forgot to snap a few pics:

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Middkid FRG1FRG1FRG1

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
I find myself wondering if the flintlock pistol is there because it was stolen or used in a crime. LOL

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Cool! Is this in Des Moines? I'm going to DSM in a couple of days. Are there tours or by appointment only?

It is located on the campus of a community college called DMACC (Des Moines Area Community College) in the city of Ankeny, just north of Des Moines. Next door is the state Medical Examiner's Lab, where they do the autopsies - one stop shopping.

Our tour was pre-arranged and conducted after regular daytime hours, with a couple of agents staying after their normal shift.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I find myself wondering if the flintlock pistol is there because it was stolen or used in a crime. LOL
The weapons there were primarily recovered from criminal investigations, although some have been donated by other State's agencies. If they can find the barrel of a firearm used in a crime, they can build a gun around it and do a ballistics match (assuming they also have the projectile).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.