M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Gunslinger,
I have seen an IOR mounted on an M14, not sure if it was the super M2 or just the M2. it was mounted with one single ring a badger Max50, I think, and set back to the rear, a lot. come to think, it was the M2. the super M2 is a lot longer, I wonder if it has a longer eye relief.
on an other note I have an IOR M2 on my Sig PE90, it is awesome but I am still struggling with the sort eye relief, it is about a half inch short and I have to make a custom mount to set it back. I will try to remember where I saw that pic, please post if you find it first.
rooster33

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gunslinger,

The super M2 cam is calibrated for 168 grn rounds. I have a Super M2 with the Dragunov reticle. Like the scope but it has a really short eye relief (2.5") and I had to get creative in mounting it. Ended up taking it off my M1A and putting on something else.

Respects,
Zog

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gunslinger said:
Thanks Rooster, I was worried about the short eye relief and having the scope almost cantilevered in the mount. Maybe I'll go with the Leupold 1.5x5x 30mm with illuminated recticle.
I have a Leupold 1.5-5 illum duplex with the 30mm tube. Awsome scope. On some AR15 variants, I'd prefer a Trijicon TA11F (a tiny bit sharper optics and a tiny bit quicker), but on just about anything else, this Leupy 1.5-5 is the way to go... you will NOT be disappointed if you go that route. I've had mine on a custom "SPR", a "Recce", and it now lives on my LRB and it's been great on all 3. Only caveat is that I would NOT go with the circle-dot reticle. Might be great for CQB, but it sucks for range estimation and holdover, so it's almost useless at anything beyond 300 yds.

just my 2 bits.

AShooter

·
Banned
611 Posts
I'd prefer a Leupold but I admit I am a little biased. Really, both are fine but people really seem to prefer leupolds that I talk to and I've used quite a few not. The optics are awsome! I got scoped by my short eye relief simmons for the last time a couple weeks ago. Sometime this month I'm putting on a mk4 leupold. I can't afford one for myself yet but I'm saving.
I wish I could just use one off the shelf. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.