M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't think of any clever for the title.

Me and my own live out in the country. My wife is a save the earth type who wanted to live off the land, be away from society and do her part to keep from polluting the planet. I am a tin foil hat type who wants to live off the land and stay away from society in preparation for the coming nazi, zombie apocalypse. Great pair, I know.

My Grandfather was a machinist mate in the Merchant Marines. Old guy did 12 crossings in WWII. Had some crazy stories. He went on to work for Convair which later became Geneeral Dynamics. Dad was an electronics man in the AF. Two tours over there on a forward base. Later worked for GD and then Xerox. Other Gramps was a rancher. Between the three of them I've been taught some pretty cool stuff.

My own life began as an 11B. Later I went on to other things. Left during the Clinton years, when he was slashing our Army apart. Went back in 01 for a few years, for obvious reasons. Got out, met my wife and moved out to the country.

So here I've been for 6 years. I hobby around with gunsmithing, machining, woodcarving. We grow enough right now to supplement ourselves and put a little away for the cold winters coming.

I figured I'd introduce myself before I started posting. Just to be polite. That's all for now.

Tom

·
"Death From Above"
11,642 Posts
Great intro Tom and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us. I write this with envy, I wish I was away from the rat race!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Since you seem to rattle around in the middle of the night you will find many info filled hours searching through all of the past threads.

·
Registered
564 Posts
It's great to have you here and welcome aboard! I also live in the country and still want to get further out.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Rest in Peace Federal
10,217 Posts
Welcome aboard, thvigil11, we like polite around here but don't let that stop you from posting. GI2GI2I know that you will enjoy the forums and being here with us, have fun.

-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts