M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of all the crap spewed out right now, how has this one still believed? I've heard over and over again" buy a gun, shipped to your house, no background check". That's not how it works, duh!
This should be an easy statement to get out.

Dear America,
You can't buy a gun off the internet without a background check. Thank you.

Are they talking about Facebook, Craigslist, retailers? Oh well. It's just a pesky fact I guess.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Well I bought a AR last month off the internet, when it arrived at my FLL the guy behind the counter had a smile on his face and background check paperwork in his hand.

I'm guessing they mean Armslist and so on, that topic to me is fuzzy and I stay away from it.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
Yeah I have no idea why that hasn't been squashed by now.
Because facts don't matter to those who say such things. Your breath is wasted trying to convince them, they dont care. Really they're not wrong either, you CAN find someone on the internet to sell you a gun, and even ship it, without involving a FFL. Not legally of course, but then its the internet, not everything is above board. Its only the honest gun owners who do their best to understand and follow the law. Nobody else cares.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I went on a medium length rant about this on Facebook when the CMP 1911s were being talked about. Guns being sold online, right to your home! What a bunch of tripe. So I went through the process, explaining what the CMP requires to sell a firearm to a buyer.

There are two kinds of people that spread this stuff. The honestly ignorant, and the Leftist outright liars.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well I bought a AR last month off the internet, when it arrived at my FLL the guy behind the counter had a smile on his face and background check paperwork in his hand.

I'm guessing they mean Armslist and so on, that topic to me is fuzzy and I stay away from it.
I've never bought a firearm directly from the "show floor" so to speak. Always ordered from a gun store's website, or mailed my information to the CMP. And yes, that Federal paperwork was filled out, and IL's waiting period was always complied with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.