M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new postage stamp IHC is a bit of an enigma. For starters, it's a Service Grade CMP rifle COA dated 6-16-2014 and Armorer's tag dated 11-16-12. It apparently went thru SA at some point in time as the receiver leg has electro penned scribble on it. The stock was stamped on Wednesday, 18 Aug 1954 and the barrel is an LMR dated 8 54. All the parts are IHC except the SA bolt and the Gas Cyl Lock Screw. I thought about changing the two parts but then decided to just leave it as is. It looks like SA reparked it? Whatever, it's a beautiful rifle nonetheless with at ME of 1 and a TE of 3+.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hello Allen. Beautiful International you have!!!
Pic was just swiped from the internet, but the IH 403 Hillside and a John Deere 55 were our first self propelled combines we had. I was very young and rode along for years before I got my time behind the wheel. It’s was miserable until we got cabs.

You have a great eye for finding quality rifles. That one was is a beauty.

·
Retired
4,612 Posts
Very nice "tractor gun" and thanks for sharing the pics. I find the IHC's highly collectible, due to their rarity and the different receiver variants, "Arrowhead", Gap Letter", etc. GI1

Reactions: sakorick

·
Registered
173 Posts
Gorgeous rifle! I currently have an order in for a service grade myself. Didn’t ship before they closed up for the month due to the virus. I’m pretty patient because all good things are worth waiting for.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Very nice IHC and that stock and matching handguards is amazing. I would leave it alone, it just needs a proper USGI web sling to be complete.
I think it has the original finish. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
When I got my IHC it also had a SA bolt. Other than that it is much like yours. I did some research as another of my M1's has and IHC bolt and was going to swap them but found that SA actually supplied some bolts to International so those may be original to both our guns.

Dunno.

Reactions: sakorick

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I got my IHC it also had a SA bolt. Other than that it is much like yours. I did some research as another of my M1's has and IHC bolt and was going to swap them but found that SA actually supplied some bolts to International so those may be original to both our guns.

Dunno.
I never considered that but it makes sense!

·
Registered
8,635 Posts
Beautiful rifle!USNA
My IH looks like the sister to yours!
Mine used to hang on the wall in the living room, but my wife made me move it to the closet when it started leaking oil on the carpet...USN4

1 - 20 of 20 Posts