M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shooter 863314 is getting erratic groups off the bench, there are many good suggestions on his statement, I enjoy the "How to Shoot Off the Bench" most of all..

Shooter believes the problem is with the Lip of the Front band being independent of the Stock Ferule, he probably is correct, certainly a good place to start.

Some time back I did a Post on how to fix this issue by moving the Stock Ferule lower, another Member supplied great picture on just how to do this Mod. Take a few minutes and find those Posts..

There is no doubt bedding the rifle improves the accuracy if done correctly.. There is strong doubt that Unitizing the Gas System improves Off the Bench shooting..

I do take exception to one suggestion offered." It is best to Unitize the Gas System before bedding",, Doing so, has been the standard procedure for many years, but that does not mean it is the best procedure, just the most often used.. It is easier, quicker and probably less expensive, it is an acceptable method and recommended for across the Course Shooting. For Off the Bench shooting I have found the best method is to unitize after bedding... I agree, it is not perfect, but it is much closer to being perfect than pre-unitizing. Not knowing how to unitize after bedding suggest to me to look into it before making any Mods.. Art

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Art, when are you going to write a book with all these knowledge nuggets? I would buy one for sure!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts