M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working with HQ to improve the Bula Defense web site. I'm working on reference materials and Technical Notes and already have a fair number in process..

The purpose is not to compete with the forums. Matter of fact we're recommending customers join the sites.

It is to provide fast information for the new owner and get them more interested and successful with their rifle and know some of the history.

My question to you is what information would you recommend, and what do you wish you'd known early on in your M14 life.

There's a lot of information posted on this site and others that I want to extract and use. History, problem solving, lessons learned etc. I will be requesting permission in cases of direct copying.

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Mark Andrews

·
Registered
288 Posts
Do you have the U. S. Army's rebuild manual? The military specification for the M14? All field and technical manuals?

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you want people to think your product is great and wonderful, don't let them read the military specifications for it...
It is ironic that people should not read the military specifications but they insist on mil spec parts in their rifle.

Reactions: MuppetMeat4Me

·
Registered
153 Posts
Give a general round count before need to field strip, 1000, 1500 or whatever. Something tangible so the owner does not field strip too often. Give a description of how to safely remove trigger group when it is too tight. Your rifles are built very tight and may be unable to field strip easily even a year into ownership. People new to the platform will be discouraged if unable to disassemble, explain it to them.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
It is ironic that people should not read the military specifications but they insist on mil spec parts in their rifle.
It is because 99% of the people don't have a clue what a military specification it is for, or what the information in it means.

Very rarely do they tell you much about what the subject item is, usually they just set forth the minimum performance requirements, how to inspect for those requirements, and how many per lot to inspect. It does not tell you what material the part is made from, it does not tell what the tolerances are for the part, it does not tell you how to heat treat the part. Sometimes they will refer you to a drawing, (as in ..."shall be made in accordance with Drawing No. 1234567...").

And, I seriously don't believe that any commercial product is inspected with the same rigor as specified by the military, it would cost too much, and really not offer that much more assurance of a "quality product". I mean if Bula shot 6000 rounds through one rifle from every month's production, what would that gain you, the consumer? (Other than bearing the cost of 6000 rounds and a worn-out $2,500 rifle, amortized over the rest of the months production.)

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
We have plenty of reference material right here. What we could really use is some nice forged new production parts and receivers. Please consider selling stripped receivers and parts again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts