M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I just picked up an M1 Garand in .308. Receiver is engraved on side with what looked like laser cut stamp (INTRAC Knox, TN). Is anyone familiar or know of this company. Garand is in great shape. I gave it a once over and it seems ok. Have not taken it apart or shot it yet. Was curious about the stamp. Oh yeah it came with a Saginaw M1 Carbine. Both free of rust and bone dry.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol the Carbine wasn't a free bee. I looked up the importer. What I really want to know is does anyone have any familiarity with any guns from them. Gun looks brand new. New stock, looks like new barrel, very little wear on bolt and op rod. Def looks like new park. Yes when I get time I will take some pics and post. Even if it turns out to be wall hanger which it doesn't look like it was worth the price. Both guns were.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am not sure if it is a navy rifle I want to brae lit down and check it out. Only mark on barrel is a 308 stamp but I have yet to strip it down. I did see a small crossed cannons on the stock.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I figured when I saw the stamp on the stock. I knew this wasn't a Navy Garand. I am going to take it to the range this week. I paid less the half the sum of the parts so as long as it shoots I will be happy. The carbine that I got with it seems to be a steal also. Saginaw and it is in great shape. Looks like another arsenal rebuild as most parts seem to be late versions.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Intac?

I have one that was was bought from Centerfire as just a receiver several years ago. I would guess early 90s. Back then if they were import marked on the receiver, they almost always were imported as just the receiver. I would bet somebody bought it as a receiver and built it from parts. Just like I did. Mine has the same Intac import mark inthe same place as yours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.