M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My M1A has a polymer stock. I would have preferred wood but my LGS didn't have one in stock and I didn't want to wait.

The magazine is a little sticky going in and out. Of course I've had it apart numerous times. Like most here I suspect I just enjoy disassembling and examining it.

The mag doesn't bind anywhere when the action is out of the stock. But when the two are mated it takes a little push to get it in and it rubs at the front (I think) when I remove it.

I'm interested in what the braintrust here thinks?

·
Registered
14,796 Posts
Been there numerous times.

The pads on the bottom of the trigger housing are angled. They actually squeeze the polymer stock a bit when you clamp the trigger guard shut.

When reassembling, insert a magazine before you clamp the trigger guard shut.

You can polish the inside walls of the stock mag well with some CLP and wet/dry sandpaper.

Finally, you can cut some shims from aluminum flashing and glue them inside the stock, where the recesses for the receiver legs are. This will spread the stock a bit when you insert the receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.