M14 Forum banner

Input needed on Armscorp m14s (again)

1050 9
Hello to all again,

I am looking for reviews of Armscorp receivers. I heard that a few years ago there were hardness problems, is this true? I know there are some folks here that have built on them and seem happy. I did do a search in the forum but didnt find much relavant to my question

Thanks all
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
:D One of my Match Rifles is built around an Armscorp Rear Lugged Receiver, all TRW Parts with a Krieger Chrome Moly 1in10, I love it to death, I have never heard that Armscorp had Hardness Problems, however I had heard of Blemishes and things of that sort, Yes Armscorp makes The Receivers for Fulton, I have one of those also and there is no problem with that one either!

·
Forever Remembered - RIP
3,620 Posts
I built my 14 on an Armscorp reciever and glad I did. For a service rifle with USGI chrome lined barrel, this rifle shoots way better than it should, even after 5,000K+ rounds through the tube. No malfunctions or real wear after 10 years. I can't say every one is good; I can say I have yet to meet anyone that didn't love their's.
I remeber some squalk a year or so ago across the street about how they were so out of spec, Fulton wouldn't use them. It seems they use the Armscorp as a foundation on a pretty regular basis to me. Most of the old complaints I used to hear came from people building or having someone build them a rifle. Like I said, I don't know about all of 'em, but I sure love mine and never seen one that was not a shooter.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
pbiggs
I think what you are refering to is a few years ago ArmsCorp were thought to be almost too hard. I have never heard of an ArmsCorp being too soft.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gents,

As always a big thank you to all (and others that have responded to other questions on other posts)

I am sold and will call and order one tommorow morning

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
If you are having a rifle built by a competent gunsmith who is familiar with M14 type rifles, no problem. However, if you are a newbie and doing it yourself, there are several areas where they can be out of spec and need to be modified.

These areas of the receiver are:

1. Trigger guard locking arm surfaces will need to be enlarged. Spec is .33 and the receivers are .25.

2. Bolt's rear retaining surface under the stripper clip guide dovetail will need to be beveled.

3. Left bolt lug raceway will need to be polished at the bolt lock opening and scope mount hole.

4. Operating rod lug way is very undersized and the oprod's lug will require fitting.

5. Bolt lug's will have to be lapped-in for adequate contact with locking surfaces.

These are the problems I encoutered on three recent Armscorp receivers I built rifles on. I also built a rifle on an older receiver made in 1993 and it did not have the under sized lug raceway. After these modifications, Armscorp receivers will build into fine rifles!

If you plan to do the work yourself, I strongly urge you to purchase Jerry Kuhnhausen's book 'The U.S. .30 Caliber Gas Operated Service Rifles A Shop Manual Volumes I & II' and Scott Duff's 'The M14 Owner's Guide and Match Conditioning Instructions'. They are available from www.fulton-armory.com.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I had Ted Brown build me an M14 using an Armscorp receiver earlier this year and it turned out great. I also have a Fulton built M14 and it's also nice. Get an Armscorp!! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.