M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A few full tang blades I've started on. Blades are high carbon steel. Guards are steel flat stock & will be welded on. Probably half will be tanto blades & half drop point.
HH

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha HH:

Awesome project!!! Show us some pics when you're done!!!

If you get a chance, maybe you tell us how you are making these knives... Do they need to be tempered? Are you good to go as is? Do they still have to be hammered into more shape? You know me, always curious! :lol:

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to weld the guards onto the blanks & then clean up the welds. After that I will heat the units & let them slow cool which will make the molecular structure even threwout the knife blank. Then will start on forming the blades. The blades will end up being tempered. I really like working with the high carbon steel blades.
HH

·
Rest in Peace
17,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guards are welded on & welds cleaned up. Initial shape of the blades are the top ones will be tantos & bottom three will be drop point. All of them will have cord wrapped handles. Blade lengths will be about 51/2"
HH

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.