Six

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I would want Some of it Back, but for sure Not All of it!GI7

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I was thinking about this post. I am coming up on sixty and I still fit into my Air Force Blues like it was only yesterday, Oh sure, I've gained about 75 pounds but you couldn't tell it by looking at me. I might be going bald but I still get compliments on how my hair inspires young people to go into the movie business. How it shines in the afternoon sunlight, and smells like 100% pure man. My etched features still say 'Greek God' and not one wrinkle after all these years of worry and responsibilities that would crush a full grown mule. Many of the people I meet during the day mistakenly call me 'son' and one lady in the mall asked me if I had wandered away from my parents. It seems like I have way more energy and pep than when I was 20 even though my diet is almost all fat and exercise is nothing more than an unpleasant memory. It's amazing but when I see my old service photos I haven't changed a bit (except I seem to be taller and more handsome now). It's times like these that I realize what a curse youth can be but we all had to get through it somehow. Today if you see a young person on the street, smile and shake their hand. Assure them that they will make it through the tuff times and soon be old, married and wearing a really cool pair of coated bifocals. Age is a wonderful thing, we're lucky to have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts