M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went shooting yesterday with my mini 14 and m1a bush rifle. took the mini out to sight in my new scope. well lets just say now when i shoot my mini i feel like im shooting a bb gun and im bored with it. i did not see this comming now all i want to shoot rifle wise is my bush rifle. i just love the length, weight and balance, it is just perfect for me. im guessing another reason its lighter is becuse of the synthetic stock (i think that its usgi fiberglass). i love the look of walnut but the synthetic for me just feels better. anyway i love the m14 series of rifles and the 7.62 round they are just perfect together.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Several months ago a guy at work had a mini 14 for sale.
Offered me a good price too.I said "no thanks,I have a full grown one at home"GI5

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol that was funny. for me its worse i have an ar 15 that i don't shoot becuse it bored me. now the mini which i used to like is also boring to me. i already sold a vz 58 that bored me. i guess when you find "the one" you just know it. i will probably keep the mini and sell the ar 15. then use the money from selling the ar15, to put into my m1a's. so when i said ruined, i ment from enjoying my other rifles. so its ruined but in a good way. anyway just thought i would share, since im guessing im not the only one with this experience.

·
Registered
359 Posts
interesting!?

My youngest son, the one that likes to shoot, home from University for Christmas is going to the range today with me if the monsoon ever stops. He loves my Ar-15, but last night when we rummaged through the safe, he says lets take the Norinco M14 and a battle pack of 308 ammo. I asked should I bring the AR, he smiles as he packs the ammo and says, no, don't bother. This could prove to be a major problem.He figures my ammo store room is his personal free store and he is doing me a fovor by seeing that I keep "fresh ammo" by using up the "old stuff"! At least this time he will be home long enough to help me clean rifles after the range session.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Have him at least size the brass, He might get addicted to the reloading side of shooting. That will help with feeding your rifle. I have no suggestions on feeding him.GI2

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
I always like shooting my .308 M1A, .30-06 M1 Garand and 7.62X36 AKM or Mini-30 better than any of my lesser caliber firearms. The more powerful calibers make you pay attention to your shooting techniques and do not permit you to get lazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts