M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My State Senator has been conducting some Town Hall meetings in the area. At the last meeting, the issue of having our firearms taken away was presented to him. His reply - "Well, I'm just not a gun person". He went on to say he does not own a gun and never actually did any type of shooting. He considers a gun with a capacity of 3 bullets to be enough.

The folks around me sat there like a group of sheep. No one commented, rustled in their seat or even looked side to side. As I spoke up about our 2nd Amendment Rights having nothing to do with hunting the only one feeling the heat was the Senator......

So, there you have it... Apathy in it's purest form.

I have communicated with my local gun shops with the hope they will attend the next Town Hall meeting. If the people who make their living off of firearms don't attend a Town Hall meeting then the industry is doomed.

Comment?

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
Agreed. Look at how the folks responded in Western NY at a few meetings. They were pissed off and they vented. Probably pretty safe in Louisiana you'd think.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Are you sure your not in NY Doesn't sound like the deep south?

It's just crazy, with new restrictions at the federal level not looking likely (at least by congress) the push is happening at the state level all over the US, they will whittle away at our rights one state at a time until none are left. If something doesn't pass they don't say, 'Well it's not the will of the people' and drop it, they reintroduce it every chance they get until they get lucky and hit the legislative jackpot. They had just enough of their kind in power that session, or someone didn't read the fine print, and squeak it through in the middle of the night.

Who'd think Colorado would be on the front lines? States with a large NE transplant population will be next, Virginia, North Carolina, ect. We have to band together and fight it everywhere, because eventually your state will be up...

Justin

Reactions: maclean and csacpt

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
"It Can't Happen Here!"

The 'average guy' has to be shaken awake to 'get it' !

If the 'threat' is not clear, not imminent...they won't even see it coming!

CAVman in WYoming

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Who'd think Colorado would be on the front lines? States with a large NE transplant population will be next, Virginia, North Carolina, ect. We have to band together and fight it everywhere, because eventually your state will be up...

Justin
This has nothing to do with location of the country. CO is known for being liberal so the new gun laws should not be a shock. It shouldn't be a shock that even LA has at least one representative that is an Anti.

The members on the forum are a (small?) minority. Even if we only own a slingshot, we understand the meaning of the 2A and are trying to fight the creep against our rights. The Elmer Fudds don't get it and to CAVman's point, it will take a VERY strong shake before they wake up. I am still trying to get one friend in NY to realize that just because he owns a Rem 870 and a Win 70 doesn't make him safe from what is coming. He's not young or stupid. I don't know if it's apathy or what. Hell, even if his firearms are safe, what about those of his newborn grand-kids? Folks, we have a lot of educating, shaking and fighting to do. Half the fight is realizing just how big the problem is and how few even see that there is a problem!

Reactions: jbkf1003
1 - 7 of 7 Posts