M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up my M25 from the group buy yesterday. Was in a bit of a rush so only a quick once over at the counter. Barrel is SUPPOSED to be a:

"BARREL-MEDIUM WEIGHT: 22" chrome moly, medium weight DMR contour. CHROME LINED, 1:11 twist, 4 groove. Finished chamber is mil-spec 7.62x51 NATO. Manufactured by Criterion for LRB. Parkerized..............$329.95"

Anyone know if these markings "LRB 7790190 5/09 3L CBI (or possibly CB1)" are indicative of the barrel described above as there is nothing to indicate the twist rate...Logic seems to dictate that anything other than a "standard" G.I. twist rate would be marked as such????

Steve

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The Plot thickens........Checked the numbers twice and they are accurate. Further, this is definitely NOT a standard contour barrel. It "looks" exactly like the barrel described and pictured on the website as a DMR contour.

I guess this will have to be hashed out with Jason at LRB as in addition to this discrepancy there was a small pricing issue $929.00 vs. $920.00 and the barrel doesn't seem to be indexed exactly right....from exactly 6:00 o'clock it is slightly under indexed to my eye as viewed from the chamber end. Not quite sure how relevant this is as the sights "appear" to be aligned well.

Either way a call is necessary as 1:12 is not what I wanted and you both indicate this is what I got!

Thanks!
Steve

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wouldn't it be better to contact LRB first?
Actually I did ask Jason when I picked up the barreled action and he was unsure of the barrel specs other than that it was a "medium" weight...happens to the best of us so no harm, no foul there.

Called Criterion this afternoon and spoke with Stephanie who verified via the markings provided that the barrel is indeed a 22" 1:11 Chromed 7.62 NATO chamber DMR (medium) contour barrel manufactured for LRB in '09. Have to figure the manufacturer information is the most accurate here so all is well.

Stephanie also indicated that current manufacture barrels are indeed marked with the twist rate to avoid confusion such as this.

I will have to check on the indexing being slightly off and of course that cool $$$ Nine $$$ Bucks $$$ they got me for!!!! LOL! GI2

Steve

· Registered
1,737 Posts
What's the difference between a medium weight barrel like the ones used in SAI NM rifles and a DMR contour?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.