M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
Nope, I would never buy one either, however they will eventually force this down your throat like all their other Progessive/Liberial feces.

Reactions: Robertsusaf

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
these are the 'good old days'!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
The government will tell us it is perfectly safe to depend on, but cops will be exempt from being required to use it.

Reactions: Real Steel

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
This is the future, and the future sucks. Instead of flying cars and moon colonies we get smart phones and biometric guns. What a let-down.
I will have to say smart phones are a pretty neat gadget. Kids don't realize it, but when they're talking face to face with someone on their smart phone, it was just a fantasy us older folks used to see in Dick Tracy comic strips and science fiction movies. That's actually the one thing that did come true.

Still using the same rifle I wanted from back then, though!

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
If it's 100% reliable then fine. But ALL the fingerprint scanners I've tried (computers, biometric gun safes, etc) only work about 1/3 of the time, and then only if you're not nervous/sweaty, etc. Which, if you need your defensive handgun... well...

Smart kid. Good for him.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I have to use a fingerprint scanner access secure areas and punch in and out at work. With the track record these things have, I wouldn't trust it one bit. Sure it may be great at range testing, but get it dirty, sweaty, or bloody and I bet their 99.99% numbers take a nosedive.

·
Banned
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If it's 100% reliable then fine. But ALL the fingerprint scanners I've tried (computers, biometric gun safes, etc) only work about 1/3 of the time, and then only if you're not nervous/sweaty, etc. Which, if you need your defensive handgun... well...

Smart kid. Good for him.
I definitely agree - smart kid!

This is another problem with this world in my opinion.

Changing everything over to plastic, computer chips, and 1's and 0's is something I rebel against, especially in fine tools and processes.

This is one of the worst ideas I have ever seen.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Ive owned a gun vault the past 3 years and i open it a few times per day as i keep keys to my workshop in there.

It had never failed or needed batteries.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
What will happen is that criminals will find a way to defeat the technology and it will do nothing to reduce the illegal use of weapons. It "might" prevent childeren hurting themselves or others, but as mentioned above, it will be susceptable to problems (as all electronic devices are) and lawful gun owners will die because their gun failed when it was needed in a life and death situation. I see all sorts of people coming up with technology that will get around it. And by the way, if it reads fingerprints, does that mean that if you have gloves on you can't use your weapon? No more winter shooting eh?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.