M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Oh yeah!!! I believe these are made by Umarex. They have the Mp40, Thompson m1a1 and M3 grease gun available. I think Santa is going to bring an Mp40 and Thompson for my 5 year old and my 24 year old this year. :pOf course my wife won't know until Christmas morning too ;)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I shot one of these a couple weeks ago. It was configured like a MK18 (AR flavor). Same controls, feel, weight, etc. It was a lot of fun and boy does it sling BB’s like nobodys business. To be quite honest I think these full auto BB guns would be a good non-lethal 2 legged deterrent. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to take a face full of BBs.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Good thought on the critter control. I know I wouldn't want to be shot in the face with one

Reactions: ColdWarGrunt

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a MP40 and the are sold by Umarex under the legend brand. They do have the grease gun model also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
I have the MP40 and it's a hoot to shoot in my basement, rain or shine. If you want one, better get it now, as they're made in Taiwan--'nuff said.

I like it so much I just bought the Thompson, but haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, or even get it out of the box. Hoping to make time tomorrow.

The M3A1 Grease Gun isn't out yet. Only delivery date I've seen on it is 1/12/22, and I think we'll be lucky to see that. Yes, I pre-ordered one of those, too.

Would love to see them get around to cloning the Swedish K, the M60, and the BAR, but I'm not holding my breath.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To be quite honest I think these full auto BB guns would be a good non-lethal 2 legged deterrent. I sure as hell wouldn’t want to take a face full of BBs.
I mean if some naked drunk yelling guy showed up at 3 am, I bet that would send him away.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
We have a couple of the Crossman models - a DPMS and a Bushmaster(?) - both fake suppresser front ends. Lot's of fun....I might look into these newer models too!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Anybody got a link for the MP 40?
I checked their site and all I saw, basically was the Thompson and some other rifles
But no MP 40! Thanks!

·
Registered
982 Posts
I remember when I was a kid shooting them on the boardwalk. shoot the star out win a booby prize!! They were all thompsons in the 60s, Haven't seen them for years. In nj, 10 round really takes the fun out of it!! We have a major squirrel problem, few hawks and eagles.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have one. Got a good deal on it. Just like its real centerfire version, it eats ammo (BBs and CO2) . Its a hoot to shoot and beats my 40 plus year old LARC Int'l M19a. I have had good service with the Legends series. Just be careful with steel BBs as they are ricochet prone (you will shoot your eye out) and wear eye pro.

Search » www.umarex.com

·
Registered
438 Posts
I need one of these so I can continue my squirrel jihad.
I don't think these are powerful enough to kill squirrels. But if your jihad involves scaring/annoying the snot out of them, these will work just fine!

Just shot my new M1 Thompson for the first time. Functioned perfectly, shot a little low and a hair to the left but put pretty much everything into one "rathole." The fake wood (plastic) furniture is MUCH better looking and feeling than the plastic stock on the M1 carbine. Has a much better texture/feel. Rate of fire is noticeably higher than the MP40--this might be the MG42 of BB guns. It's a little lighter than a real Thompson (due to the plastic stock, no doubt), but it's still substantially and satisfyingly hefty. I got three full magazines (29 rounds each) out of one CO2 cartridge, and yes, it's set up to take two cartridges but runs fine on one (just load one empty cartridge too).

Overall, the MP40 is more enjoyable to shoot. Turns out I just don't care for the ergonomics of the Thompson itself (that's not Umarex's fault). Length of pull is HELLA long, and the web area of my hand gets pinched between the pistol grip and the nose of the stock. (If this was real wood, I'd work that area down, but I don't think that's possible with the plastic.) Maybe it will just take me some getting used to after the very user-friendly MP40 and M1 carbine.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I saw plans or a kit one time ( I can't remember where ) to make a compressed air BB gun out of a air nozzle and a couple pieces of tubing. It used a venturi effect to draw the BBs up from a hopper. They showed it obliterating a cathode ray style TV.

Reactions: M11293

·
Registered
1,555 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't think these are powerful enough to kill squirrels. But if your jihad involves scaring/annoying the snot out of them, these will work just fine!

Just shot my new M1 Thompson for the first time. Functioned perfectly, shot a little low and a hair to the left but put pretty much everything into one "rathole." The fake wood (plastic) furniture is MUCH better looking and feeling than the plastic stock on the M1 carbine. Has a much better texture/feel. Rate of fire is noticeably higher than the MP40--this might be the MG42 of BB guns. It's a little lighter than a real Thompson (due to the plastic stock, no doubt), but it's still substantially and satisfyingly hefty. I got three full magazines (29 rounds each) out of one CO2 cartridge, and yes, it's set up to take two cartridges but runs fine on one (just load one empty cartridge too).

Overall, the MP40 is more enjoyable to shoot. Turns out I just don't care for the ergonomics of the Thompson itself (that's not Umarex's fault). Length of pull is HELLA long, and the web area of my hand gets pinched between the pistol grip and the nose of the stock. (If this was real wood, I'd work that area down, but I don't think that's possible with the plastic.) Maybe it will just take me some getting used to after the very user-friendly MP40 and M1 carbine.
I have the Thompson as well. I wanted a wall hanger to go along with my other WWII arms in my office. I have a demilled Garand I built from all crap parts and a welded receiver, and a CMP field grade m1 Carbine I "disabled" for a wall hanger ( have a bunch of other shooters), and a clean CO2 bb 1911 that looks the part from 5ft for the most part. This Thompson looks the part very well too. It is a hoot to shoot. fun as all heck. As Snake45 says, they did a great job on the plastic stock,you cant tell till you touch it. The photos on line like at pyramid air, do it no justice. I ended up getting the CO2 m1 carbine too but with wood stock.I took my field grade carbine off the wall and re-activated it, and back in the safe. I have the winchester M14 CO2 rifle, but for the plastic stock it's a good 5ft'er.. I have a few CMP stocks, need to attempt to fit one for it.
I read at one time, early on with the Thompson some company offered a wooden stock set for it, but can't be found any longer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I use to make them from PVC sch 80 high pressure tubing oxygen tank with compressed air and a regulator had it mounted on the core support behind my grill on my truck the barrel through the grill depending on air pressure it would penetrate a car door

1 - 20 of 25 Posts