M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after quite a bit or research and playing touchy feely at my LGS, I decided to take the plunge and give Windham Weaponry a shot.
Got her home, brok her down. Seems to have a nice fit and finish. I think the triggeris going to need some work/replacement.
Already mounted my stubby VFG. Hopefully going to the range today and see how she handles. thinking about possibly installing Magpul MBUS or a Diamondhead Polymer rear sight.
At this point I'm not sure if I'm going to put a quad rail on it but that's down the road.
All in all so far I'm a happy lil camper. This is my 3rd AR in 19 years, first was a Bush, 2nd was a RR.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
The WW one I handled felt really good and as with your fit and finish was good.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
You won't be sorry! My MPC shoots 1-1.5 MOA at 100yds "hasty" rested. I was standing just leaning across the bench.

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
The Windham Weaponry rifle is made by the founder of Bushmaster. He sold Bushmaster and after a contractual period, formed Windham Weaponry.... The Windham rifles are made to the former Bushmaster quality, not the current (lower) bushmaster quality levels......
I love the old Bushmaster A2 Rifles. The new ones feel like toys when compared to the old ones. Who is currently running the new Bushmaster?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was wondering if those of you that have a Windham like the trigger? Though I've only put 20 rounds down the barrel it seems, to me, the trigger seems very stiff. I figure I'd put a few more rounds downrange before I make a decision to switch out.

what say you?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Last I handled one, I recall the trigger was smooth like a standard AR mil-spec trigger, if not a little more finished and crisp.

I am merely going off of memory since I have not handled one in a few months. You still did good on an established name and quality product.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I was wondering if those of you that have a Windham like the trigger? Though I've only put 20 rounds down the barrel it seems, to me, the trigger seems very stiff. I figure I'd put a few more rounds downrange before I make a decision to switch out.

what say you?
If the trigger is smooth, install a JP speed hammer ($56) and yellow spring ($10). You will love the difference and it will still shoot military ammo reliably, Never had a misfire with the two AR-15's I have so modified... I have shot commercial, M-193, and M-855 with them.....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congratulations on your new rifle; enjoy it. I bought a Windham R16A4T Heavy Barrel Carbine. This is my first AR. I looked at the offerings of many of the manufacturers over a period of about a year before deciding on Windham and the HBC. Overall, I think the quality is great. Normally, I just use my guns as they come from the factory, with a few minor exceptions. With this one, I bought a Pro Mag Delta Style Scope Mount PM002 to have on hand just in case I wanted to add a scope. I bought it on the advice in an armorer’s review. It fits the carry handle like a glove and I can still use the iron sights.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Personally I don't think there is bait to be taken from them. They have been at it for a long time, make a very good product. As has Been stated, it's the old bushmaster folks turning them out like they used too.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Free float the barrel and you'll see just how well they can do. I no longer but complete ar's as I prefer to build mine how I like them. That said, if I buy another factory gun, it will be one of theirs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts