M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this in 1994 maybe 1993. its a side stamped IDE Polytech. I just had the Winchester USGI bot installed. Besides the Archangel stock, upgrades include a Sadlack oprod and Wolf Spring. I did the trigger job when I first bought it and I put the Leatherwood scope about a year ago.

It always shot a half inch group right out of the box. I havent went to the range to say what if anything changed with the new bolt and upgrades. Hope its has a tighter group but I wont know till I shoot it.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I bought this in 1994 maybe 1993. its a side stamped IDE Polytech. I just had the Winchester USGI bot installed. Besides the Archangel stock, upgrades include a Sadlack oprod and Wolf Spring. I did the trigger job when I first bought it and I put the Leatherwood scope about a year ago.

It always shot a half inch group right out of the box. I havent went to the range to say what if anything changed with the new bolt and upgrades. Hope its has a tighter group but I wont know till I shoot it.
It's a good thing you got the up grades, who could live with a half minute group?

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy your rifle. I hope its been improved.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I truly hope the extremely poor grouping is cured with the new Bolt. Otherwise may as well sell it and get something that shoots.

Reactions: Real Steel

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Do you reload?

Somes that can make a difference.

I think we have a rifleman here folks.

I bet he can make a wasr group up!

Good shoot in

·
Registered
185 Posts
You, my friend, are a lucky duck. An friend of mine bought a large assortment of add-on's for his 1 MOA rifle. He now has a 2 MOA rifle, soon to be striped back to original.

NN

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Shot it today here is my group at 100 don't remember how many bullets are in this group but I liked it.
Uh..I don't know man, that hole looks a little ragged.
I was going to say pics or it didn't happen when you said 1/2" groups, so thanks for the pics. I have just one more thing to say...OUT FRIGGIN STANDING!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I reload. 41.5 grains I MR 4895 168 grain match kings. Winchester primers. I haven't shot that well since the Army issued my first M21 with a Art 1 scope in 1990. Thanks for the compliments. And thank you Mr. White. Mr. White was my instructor when I went to sniper school when I was assigned to 2/327 Inf. Of the 101 ABN.

·
Administrator
17,408 Posts
Shot it today here is my group at 100 don't remember how many bullets are in this group but I liked it.
Great shooting TomG, good load data as well. Thanks.

DI5

·
Registered
404 Posts
Would love to see what that weapon does at 500yds.

Don't get me wrong, 100yds and that grouping is nice. But 500, that is a horse of a different color.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Good shooting. I know about the lack of long range places to shoot here in Oklahoma.
I am in the process of trying to buy some land here in SW Oklahoma and building a 1500 meter range.
I really miss shooting out to 500 meters or more.
Greg

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Did you change the Bolt or is this the dreaded stock one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I finally got to a 500 yard range today. Although they were only steel targets, I enjoyed making each one one of the rock back and forth

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I finally got to a 500 yard range today. Although they were only steel targets, I enjoyed making each one one of the rock back and forth as the bullet struck them. My wife was watching me tear up the thee hundred beating on it mercilessly because well when you have a M14 or M21 it's very easy. The funny part was and it made me feel good is when she said "baby your gonna tear that thing off there". We are from the south and we talk like that, we can't help it. Any cheers to a my fellow brothers who love the M14 as much as I do.

I was asked earlier but I had not see the question till now. Is yes this is with USGI Winchester bolt installed.

sent from my android phone

1 - 20 of 24 Posts