M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 years ago I got an M14 receiver form "7.62MM Firearms" for a CMP parts Build.
This was just at the time it was all going south for them and I was WAY nervous about it....Well I had it all checked out and it came back as fine...So I have used it. (not a lot)
I might have 500 rds down range in the 2 years.
Any how This Sunday I shot it in our local CMP GSM match as a Modern Mil and was able to have high score in the match of 279.
95 S.P
94 R.P
90 O.H.

this was with a new load (for me) of:

SMK168HPBT
42.4 IMR4064
cci lr
LC Brass

This is just My personal update..... "I Really must be Lucky" and gotten 1 of the 10 or so good ones in the 52XXX batch

And thanks to "Shooting Sights" too Great pin hole replacement

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I have a 52xxx 7.62 Firearms receiver it certainly has been a fine shooter and now has more than 2500rds through it and still going strong.

·
Registered
237 Posts
2 years ago I got an M14 receiver form "7.62MM Firearms" for a CMP parts Build.
This was just at the time it was all going south for them and I was WAY nervous about it....Well I had it all checked out and it came back as fine...So I have used it. (not a lot)
I might have 500 rds down range in the 2 years.
Any how This Sunday I shot it in our local CMP GSM match as a Modern Mil and was able to have high score in the match of 279.
95 S.P
94 R.P
90 O.H.

this was with a new load (for me) of:

SMK168HPBT
42.4 IMR4064
cci lr
LC Brass

This is just My personal update..... "I Really must be Lucky" and gotten 1 of the 10 or so good ones in the 52XXX batch

And thanks to "Shooting Sights" too Great pin hole replacement

Glad it worked out for you! I recall chatting with you 2 years ago. You sent in your CMP parts kit about a week before I did. After you got your rifle built I was expecting mine any day... It never came and 6 months later I finally got my parts kit back and a refund after during a CC dispute. But in the end I got my rifle... A Fulton receiver and I had Ted Brown install my parts kit on it. It came out great :)

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Sounds like a few of us here got the good ones in the 52XXX lot - I have one too, and it has operated just fine for me through 700 rounds or so....came with a bad bolt, but we got that exchanged el-pronto and no issues since....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good to hear reports like this when people are so anxious to jump on the negative aspects of that company. Like it or not they managed to turn out a few good receivers within spec. I happen to have a 7.62 build in the 522XX range also with no issues. Turned out to be a great rifle. Can't beat your scores but happy no less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.