M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need your help, I have all these New or in New condition USGI parts. So should I build a couple more or should I sell off the parts.

Its not like I only have one M14 rifle!

Here are the parts, which all are new with a couple of exceptions.

REN:cool:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hey guys, I need your help, I have all these New or in New condition USGI parts. So should I build a couple more or should I sell off the parts.

Its not like I only have one M14 rifle!

Here are the parts, which all are new with a couple of exceptions.

REN:cool:
Looks like just some spare parts. Keep them on hand just in case.

Danny

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
989 Posts
Show Off ;)

·
Registered
975 Posts
I think eight is a great number! I also sold a bunch of stuff a few months back. I do not so much regret the decision as I used the $$ for a couple 1911's. So for me I guess it boils down to what I would invest the funds into.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I would say that I don't think I can answer your question, but maybe I can ask questions to help you clarify your own answer.

Why did you buy the parts?

If it was to build, what has changed that would change that goal?

If more assembled rifles, or the process of building them, no longer has the same draw as when you first bought them, I would guess that selling them off will probably get you a lot more of your money back than building a rifle and eventually deciding that you don't want it and selling it.

As individual components, there worth more to somebody with 'Build Fever' than an assembled rifle, which is worth more to the guy who wants a complete rifle, but if he's in the market for a rifle that would fetch the same value as the parts, he's probably in the market for a particular 'special' combination which, given all the variables, it is likely that the rifle you build will not be. It will be for somebody, but not a lot of somebodies, and hence lower demand, etc.

If it were me, and I had everything to complete the builds, on top of the time to do it, I would continue to build them, little bit at a time, as a hobby outlet. Maybe get myself a little hat that says, "I AM (kinda like) ART BANKS!"

Looks like some pretty nice stuff, regardless.

·
Premium Member
7,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sell me one of the un-fancy op rods :)
I am afraid the three pictured are all rather expensive, don't believe me ask Kurt! We both wanted the one brand spankin new SA. op-rod pictured without the white lettering, I won but I paid! The other two a TRW & SA. while not new are in excellent+ condition.

Ren

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
It is hard to give you a straight reply as I would have an ulterior motive! My answer is sale if you are satisfied with where you are at in your collection.

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Forum Jester
7,221 Posts
keep them until you die,and then have them sent to me

Reactions: XM25Ren
1 - 20 of 48 Posts