M14 Forum banner

I Need Some Help Too!

1122 10
Aloha Everyone...

I have been looking for a rear handguard to match one of my M1 Garand stocks for a very long time with NO LUCK! ](*,) Thus, I turn to the board for HELP! [-o<

I have a very nice striped buttstock with a front handguard that quasi matches (more mottled than striped) and I am desperately looking for a rear handguard that might make this set complete.

[http://www.photobucket.com/albums/1003/dighawaii/DigHawaii%20Pics/Stripe01.jpg[/img]
http://www.photobucket.com/albums/1003/dighawaii/DigHawaii%20Pics/Stripe02.jpg]

If you should run across one in a gun show or an ad and think that it would match, I would really appreciate a heads up. If time is of the essence and think that it would match, please buy it and I can reimburse you... Sounding desperate? Yep! I have ordered Birch rear handguards and NONE of them come close, so hit and miss like that was not productive.

This is a stock that I think has some really great potential and is lining up to be on my HRA, so if you can suggest any leads, please let me know...

Thanks in advance,

Aloha,

Tom O.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hi Tom,

That's a birch stock isn't it?

I've got a really nice walnut rear handguard with stripes galore, but I don't think it would match your birch stock. Will keep my eyes peeled for you though.

Best,
JP

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for you help everyone! I really appreciate it. :lol:

The stock (in my best guess) is Birch and the front handguard is some other type of wood that I do not recognize but does look good with the butt stock. Unlike most of my other striped Birch stocks, this one is very dark and not "blonde" or golden in color.

Quag, if the Walnut stock is available for sale, could you shoot a picture of it and send it to me in email? I think even if I can get the two handguards to match, the set would look pretty awesome...

Again, if you should spend any money on my behalf, please let me know and I will reimburse you as quick as possible...

Thank you! Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Hillbilly:

The stock and front handguard are really nice... but without a rear handguard that is close, it looks really "strange".

But the wood is really unusual and I hope that it will one day adorn one of my rifles... :lol:

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Birch hand guard

Hey dighawaii,

Try to get in touch with Dean on CSP. Look on the For Sale forum. He's had birch hand guards before and is willing to E-mail photos to you to pick the one you like. I picked one up from him myself. BTW, great looking furniture!

rifle guy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dean Lucy is his name. If you go to Culvers Shooting Page,(CSP or Jouster.com), they have many forums there along with a for sale and wanted section. Just look on the for sale board for wood for sale by "Dean". He has an e-mail address showing and you can get hooked up with him. Easy to work with and you'll get what you pay for. A little pricey though.

LOL,

rifle guy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.