M14 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got it bad, Garanditis, that is. I just picked up another one today off the CMP forum, will be my first HRA. I couldnt resist, pretty near correct 5.6 mil, 8-55 barrel, 1.5 me 3 te. All HRA parts except DRC elev knob. 3/8 DOD stamp, non-serifed circle P.

Is there a cure for this????

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Unfortunatley no known cure exists.. Much to the dismay of wives and girlfriends everywhere!

The only thing worse than grand-itis, is m14-itis, and that's only from a $ standpoint GI7

Sides, there's no such thing as too many! How does the saying go? "Hot-wheels, collect them all!"

·
"Death From Above"
11,433 Posts
You might as well accept it and roll with the punches. If in the meantime you happen to find a cure please let the rest of us know and get some free samples because your not alone. I could use a double does myself!

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Why do you think the stock isnt right for your rifle?

Dont change it 3/8 DOD with Non-serifed P should be HRA and was used in your serial number range

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yea, I'm afflicted with M14/M1a-itis also. Thank God I havent been exposed to the mouse gun bug to where it stuck, just something about wood and steel I guess.

There's a receiverless M1a Kit over at the CMP estore that keeps calling me, so far Ive been able to resist, but I'm starting to weaken.........GI7

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why do you think the stock isnt right for your rifle?

Dont change it 3/8 DOD with Non-serifed P should be HRA and was used in your serial number range
I shouldnt have typed it that way, lucky i can type at all. I believe the stock is correct, I meant to say the DRC elev knob may not be correct....should be an HRA.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Alot is still to be learned on Post War rifles. DRC has been found on alot o windage knobs on HRA rifles. I wouldnt change anything, I think more rifles are ruined with collectors/shooters trying to make them correct

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alot is still to be learned on Post **************. DRC has been found on alot o windage knobs on HRA rifles. I wouldnt change anything, I think more rifles are ruined with collectors/shooters trying to make them correct

I bought it as a shooter, the fact it may be correct is a bonus. I buy em to shoot em, the amount of rounds I put down range is a fraction of what these beautiful rifles were designed for.

I have a few WWII Garands I take to the range, its an honor to me to hold and fire weapons humped through who knows where and when and what the men carrying them faced.

My old man was a POW in Europe, My GodFather, my father's brother did some of the island hopping in the Pacific with The 77th Inf. Div. My fathers other brother, who I am named after, was 1st Cav and KIA in the Phillipines. I know my uncles humped the M1 through the war, as I said, Its an honor to own and use the same type of weapon they carried. That's part of my love for the garand......

·
Registered
277 Posts
I shouldnt have typed it that way, lucky i can type at all. I believe the stock is correct, I meant to say the DRC elev knob may not be correct....should be an HRA.
Nice Rifle, HRA's are my favorite Garand, next to WRA of course.

IHC/DRC may be correct. Well documented that HRA used SA parts to speed up initial production.

Latest issue of the Garand Collectors association Journal indicates that DRC may in fact be correct on early HRA's. They said the CMP had been "Sanitizing" them and swapping with HRA knobs because customers thought it was incorrect. They coined a new term, "Consumer Correct"

Article focused on SA but clearly indicated anomalies among new HRA's

GCA Journal Fall 2010 Page 8-11

1 - 13 of 13 Posts