M14 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1551 Posts

·
Registered
8,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been served with a lawsuit from SEI for 2 counts of product disparagement concerning my hearsay comments about their receiver delays.

I have included the first page of the complaint as a picture and the entire suit as a linked PDF located in my google docs.

Anyone want to help with attorney's fees??? Does anyone know someone willing to take this case PRO BONO???? Please contact me if you have pertinent information or can be of assistance at [email protected].

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0XyOXhO5LcXS2lwWERPNi1fd3c/edit?usp=sharing

Please understand that I must be very cautious with any statements I make concerning this matter. All communications should be made via the provided e-mail address in order to assure confidentiality.

You guys on here have become an extended family and I value you being a part of my life. Even though we sometimes quarrel among ourselves, I have a great deal of respect for our readership and have learned much from your insight and the knowledge freely offered. I pray this does not affect our ability to interact freely and without concern.

God bless everyone and have a splendid evening.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Damn. I missed the onset to all of this, but kind of caught the tail end. Seemed like it got a bit heated, but didn't realize it was that bad.

Start a defense fund, I'm in for a few bucks. And I'm sure a lot of people here will be too. Hope we have an attorney on here who is up to it.

Reactions: CAVman

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
So I missed the entire thing. I assume the thread has since been deleted. In any case:

Reactions: tonyben

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Jury trial requested? They're bluffing. In Autorate's thread about his bolt stop issue he clearly stated that Ron Smith blamed LRB's heat treatment before it was even tested. That would make both Ron Smith, and Autorate for posting it liable for the same claims they have leveled against you.
Maybe it's different in Az, but if you file a complaint and lose, you can be responsible for attorney's fees for the victorious defendant.
I will donate the price of one SEI receiver.
This can not make Lash and the mods happy, or SEI. All those deleted threads will come back to life and be forever public.
Contact the owner of warrifles.net and smithenterprisessucks.com, I'm sure you'll get lots of support.
It could be warrifles.com, not 100%.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Just when you thought SEI couldn't sink any lower. And just for the record, the reason I will never purchase another SEI product has nothing to do with Hammonje. It has everything to do with how the company treats current and potential customers. They have only themselves to blame for any financial consequences arising from all this drama. Just let it go people.

Really hope I don't get sued for that comment...

·
Registered
317 Posts
I feel certain we have a large portion of SEI's customer base right here on this forum....Obviously, so do they....perhaps a boycott until the suit is withdrawn is in order.....

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
WOW!!! He thinks what Jason said will hurt his reputation and has filed a lawsuit....... Really!! I'll bet he has hurt his business way more than Jason ever could, just buy filing this lawsuit! I for one have had no problems with products produced by Smith, but after this crazy crap you can bet I won't buy another one of their products!GI2

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
When word of this gets around I can't think it would be good for business. Not that I had any plans to buy anything from SEI, I sure as heck wouldn't now. Talk about trying to prohibit free speech.
Hammonje, get a fund set up and I'm in for a few bucks on principal alone.

·
Inquisitor
11,356 Posts
Just when you thought SEI couldn't sink any lower. And just for the record, the reason I will never purchase another SEI product has nothing to do with Hammonje. It has everything to do with how the company treats current and potential customers. They have only themselves to blame for any financial consequences arising from all this drama. Just let it go people.

Really hope I don't get sued for that comment...
That is pretty low. You don't read about other gun manufacturers suing people on gun forums, and I'm pretty sure more disparaging things have been said about Glock, FN, Kel-Tec, and many more. I will never buy anything from SEI, and it's not because of Hammonje, it's because of how petty SEI is.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
I feel certain we have a large portion of SEI's customer base right here on this forum....Obviously, so do they....perhaps a boycott until the suit is withdrawn is in order.....
Boycott my ass......never buy again, not now, not ever.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
And to think I was actually getting ready to head to bed. But I think I'll stay up and check out this thread for a little while!

P.s. I'm in for a little coin as well!GI3

Reactions: tonyben and GARRARD

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm sorry you are going through this.

I'm done with SEI. (Of course I already was due to their attitude in the past, but this just reinforces it).

·
Registered
385 Posts
unbelievable! do they really think sueing for the "disparagement of SEI receivers" will help revitalize their business? All they had to do is express to the m14 community what was really happening to prevent delivering a product that was promised. plain and simple and we as a community would have understand. This is a forum where people express what we hear, see, and believe. looks like the freedom of speech is out the window.

I say, if they had issues with their product then they should have came forth and it wouldn't have been a big deal. there are plenty of mfg companies that own up to their
faults

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Jury trial requested? They're bluffing. In Autorate's thread about his bolt stop issue he clearly stated that Ron Smith blamed LRB's heat treatment before it was even tested. That would make both Ron Smith, and Autorate for posting it liable for the same claims they have leveled against you.
Maybe it's different in Az, but if you file a complaint and lose, you can be responsible for attorney's fees for the victorious defendant.
I will donate the price of one SEI receiver.
This can not make Lash and the mods happy, or SEI. All those deleted threads will come back to life and be forever public.
Contact the owner of warrifles.net and smithenterprisessucks.com, I'm sure you'll get lots of support.
It could be warrifles.com, not 100%.
Did anyone forward that alleged LIBEL to Lou at LRB?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I had my concerns with them ever since I got into the M14/M1A platform from customers reviews and associated issues over their customer service I saw on other sites and from those here to going back over more than a year ago.

But this cinches it. I won't deal with a company that sues its own customers over criticism. That’s complete BS.

All I see is big ego from SEI.

I’ll continue to steer clear from them.

Other companies out there do a great job at providing a great product. SEI isn’t the only fish in the pond for us to go to.

Sorry to hear you’re in this pickle Hammonje.

1 - 20 of 1551 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.