M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent a couple of decades in uniform in both the Marines and the Army National Guard. What I miss the most is firing the big guns. I was lucky to have served in Infantry in the Marines as a 0341(81mm and 60mm) then after moving to the TXARNG became a 13F then a 13B40 then transitioned to a 19E40. It gave me a through understanding on weapons used on the battlefield. Anyway, it was a great life and I enjoyed firing whatever the military told me to use.

Later I became a Recruiter for the last 7 years....I loved my jobs!

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
So a homemade potato launcher just isn't the same, eh?

Reactions: sfc higgins

·
Registered
327 Posts
They look like they would be a hoot to shoot, although we had a different name for them....... targets.ICONLOL

·
Registered
224 Posts
It was fun being an M60A1 platoon leader. Pre laser, Jump down and spin the dial on the coincidence rangefinder. One Graf we had enough ammo to see how many HEP (high explosive plastic) rounds could a crew have in the air at the same time.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Crittenburg Tank table VIII......1991. I did bust some moves on that one. Top rated tank in the Battalion!

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,130 Posts
I real miss the big guns also... C battery, 1st Battalion, 83rd Field Artillery, XXIV Corps, on FSB Veghel, in the Thua Thien Province located ~26 miles southwest of Camp Eagle. 1st section had a 175mm self-propelled howitzer. After 6 week with the 175mm I grandulated to the 8" of section 2... for the rest of my time I spent on 8" self-propelled howitzers.

1st section 175mm self-propelled howitzer, C battery, 1st Battalion, 83rd Field Artillery, XXIV Corps, on FSB Veghel. 20th June 1970.

2nd section 8" self-propelled howitzer called Chaos Creator, C battery, 1st Battalion, 83rd Field Artillery, XXIV Corps, on FSB Veghel. August 1970.

DI5

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
Do any of the tracked guns fire the RAP rounds like the triple 7s do in Afghanistan? Them $#@! guns jerk your shirt outta your pants when they go off!USN2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.