M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Guys,

Pardon my lack of knowledge on this stuff, I'm a Garand guy.

I researched on this site and found out that I have a TRW elevation pinion and windage knob assembly. I have bolded below what I've got:

Elevation knob and pinion assembly

Druge Brothers - DRC
Frazier Manufacturing - FZR, made in 1962
Globe Union - made in 1962, possibly later
New Haven Clock - NHC, made for TRW
Springfield Armory - made in 1959, possibly later
Wico Electric - WCE, made for H&R and TRW and in 1969 as replacement spares

Windage knob assembly

Bruce Machine and Engineering - BME, made for Springfield Armory
Druge Brothers - DRC, made for TRW
Frazier Manufacturing - FZR
Stewart Iron Works - SWK
Weather Manufacturing - W inside a hexagon
Wico Electric - WCE, made for TRW
Wright Manufacturing - HRA-W, made for H&R
Wright Manufacturing - WRIGHT, made for TRW
how common are these? I couldn't find any for sale and haven't seen any in the weeks I've been looking now!

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
996 Posts
N8, hate to be the first bearer of bad news, but this forum has a pretty strict policy against "what's it worth" threads. You are going to be told to do the research on your own. Sorry.

Having said that, I just checked my M1As and one has the WCE windage knob, so I learned something. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
NHC elevation knobs were made for both the M1 Garland and the M14, it's got to have a M (for meters) stamped on it to be for a M14.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your answers, guys, and my apologies for not following the rules about "what it's worth" threads. I guess I should have asked "how common are these" as that's really what I was trying to aim for.

Thanks again!
N8

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Remember, Chinese made M14s all come with WCE marked knobs. When they copied the knobs, they copied the markings as well. Soooooo, All Chinese made knobs are marked WCE, but not all WCE knobs are Chinese.USN3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts