M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got a real M-14 receiver.. and it's an H&R..I wanted proof that bill Clinton did more work in office than.. just getting to know his interns..GI8 now I have it, and my receiver...LOL... B2B

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
It HURTS To Even Look At That !!!

Take It Away!!!

GI8

CAVman in WYoming

GITEN

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
My God!!! Look at those hideous USGI tool marks inside the receiver!!! GI7 FRG1

·
Registered
607 Posts
Ive seen the horrors of war.... Now I have seen the Horrors of stupidity. The Taxpayers paid for those... only to be bought as reminders and paperwieghts... I shall toast a couple drinks tonight at home.

Haha!

Congrats on the purchase!

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I used to stop at the gun show tables where they were selling those and look through the buckets. Then I had this terrible thought....what if I found mine in one of those buckets.

If I found TRW 1490317 the folks at the show would see the terrible sight of a 6' 3" 300 lb. old gray headed guy crying.

No use putting them (or me) through that, so I stopped looking.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to offer an apology..I agree with every one of the previous posts... It hurts to look at, we paid for it to be made.. not me I'm too young.. but my family did with tax dollars, then we paid to have it destroyed.. again..I paid that bill during the 90's, when all that was needed to be done to it, is the lug on the bottom to be ground off and most of us would be more than willing to drop a K note on it.. putting a bunch more money in the gov coffers..to buy new arms for the troops.. the machine marks look worse in the pic than they are, because of the finish was worn off. their are very few marks and they are very fine.. can't even feel them with the finger.. Two M M electro penciled on the right leg.. I'd love to get a set of the four but they refuse to give ya a choice on makers... and they ain't.. exactly scrap price either... I have a friend who has access to a PD who has some complete rifles in inventory.. maybe I can get him to take some picture of them for me... B2B

·
Registered
744 Posts
We elected the %^%$$%^&###@*#!

Thats just wrong. I'll put my extra cash in to powder, primers and projectiles. Any thing left over will go for brass.

Is that the secret service at my door!

·
Registered
63 Posts
D__n, I can't see the pictures, but that's probably a lot less painful ! First we paid to have them manufactured, then we paid to have them destroyed - where's the fiscal logic in that ? n

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I picked up a couple of Winchester halves awhile back. I occasionally see other makers listed, but I figured two eye sores were enough......saw a nice saw cut with both halves together (not welded) for a tidy price of $500.00!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Never thought of that before - good idea on the grind the lug off and sell the 'neutered' m14's for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ through the CMP...

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I suspect they have the mind frame of "if you grind one off you can weld one back". Easier to just cut 'em and ban 'em.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Are these still available anywhere? I paid for a full set from Fred's a while back, and haven't heard from him. Tried emails, calls.... I know he takes awhile but two years? I have a project rifle that I would like to incorporate the rear site from a M14 on and need the wings and base so one that is beat up would work as long as the detents are good. Should be the perfect BUIS on an old 06 bolt gun.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Wyogoose Are these still available anywhere? I paid for a full set from Fred's a while back, and haven't heard from him.
Go over to GB and you will find plenty from 15 to 50 dollars.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
man............................ah man......................yeah,....uh.........
sorry, i got a little choked up....... it's interesting how we destroyed all those gorgeous rifles, thinking they were garbage and now we need them in Iraq and Afghanistan more than ever.

you would think there would be a way to destroy the select fire function on the receiver rather than destroying the whole receiver. then the rest we sold? now, the third world countries have more M14s than we do.

my apologies if my post is too politically biased. i just dont like seeing a good rifle as well as our history flushed down the toilet.

good for B2B for buying it back for himself. the M14 as well as the destruction of the M14 is a part of our history. never forget your history.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Let's keep the politics out of this forum.

Here we talk M14 ...

Period!GITEN

1 - 20 of 21 Posts