M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not proud of it but w/ all the ATF hubbub brewing on the Nitrocellulose issue and the upcoming election; I stocked up on some ammo. SGAmmo has IMI OTM LR MOD-1 in stock so figured I would try that instead of the usual 75 grn PPU match ammo. It's had great reviews and seems like very solid stuff. I picked up some .45 and 9mm as well. All what I'm short on.

Ironically, none of the ammo I purchased was American made...

Anybody else buy up some ammo to keep them warm this ammo-winter?

Russ

·
Registered
11,264 Posts
I would very much like to know the powder charge in the IMI 175gr load, if anyone has occasion to pull a couple.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm a little surprised we are not seeing things fly off the shelves as of yet, maybe in a month or so. I assume it will happen again. The economy my be keeping this limited.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Howdy Buckeroos,

As already stated, it may be a case of folks with the mindset of stocking up, already have.

Along with our economy, not so great, for the time being this may put the skids on ammo sales.

That is, until someone in "authority" says something wacky.

Then ammo might start flying off of the shelves.

Keep yer powder dry,

John

·
Registered
152 Posts
If Obama couldn't do anything in 8 years. Hilary sure as hell cant. Though I did "support" our economy the last few months in ammos, however I did not "panic". Lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I add to my ammo supply anytime I can. However what I have recently been spending my money on is powder, primers and bullets. I figure I will be using them eventually anyways.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Everyone remembers the ammo embargo a couple ad years ago , I learned my lesson then , I could still use more though

·
Registered
314 Posts
I'm not proud of it but......
Russ

There is never any shame associated with "accumulating" ammo by the folks on this forum. Here everyone suffers the same affliction. You will find threads on which everyone compares the size of their "stash". Things don't change much when boys turn into men.
So go forth young man with your head held high and revel in your addiction.
We support you!:ARM40:

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I love the IMI 77 gr razor core. Even out of my 10 inch barreled SBRs it shoots little bitty groups. Been shooting it since it first came out(2013).

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I'm a little surprised we are not seeing things fly off the shelves as of yet, maybe in a month or so. I assume it will happen again. The economy my be keeping this limited.
Most people that shoot have been through this so many times in the past are beyond the panic buying. Buy when it's cheap , when it's cheap buy it even when you don't need it, stay stocked up, and pay no attention to the shortage buying and high prices. The only change I make is less shooting when the prices are high.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If the ATF constitutes "shouldering" an AR pistol buffer as "redesigning" the intended purpose of the weapon making it a class III, then why does "wetting" Nitrocellulose not constitute redesigning the material into a non-explosive?

It seems like a slick "snake-in-the-grass" move from the ATF...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts