M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but I was given a preview of a beautiful stock from a lil ole stockmaker down Texas way. Maybe he'll come on and post the same pics he showed me.GI2

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
No fair, I'm lookin for a new stock!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
I hate those plywood stocks... yeah yeah I know it's a "Laminated" stock... fecal matter is still poop no matter what you call it. But whatever makes the world go round... I personally won't be buying one that's for sure.GI6GI6GI6

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
If thats it,,cool,,,,I like the Lamo stocks myself,,,but I would not pic that color combo !!!! It will be interesting to watch and see what pops up !!! Bottom line,,More New M1a/M-14 parts !!!! FRG1FRG1

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Now if someone would make an E2 stock in fiberglass that did not cost an arm and a leg that would be Awesome. Hint HintGI2

·
Automatic Rifleman
574 Posts
Tony, have you ever tried machining a laminate stock with the lamination several degrees off of the centerline of the stock? This would eliminate the topographic 'contour line' effect and might make for more of a tiger stripe.
I might 'commission' one if you're willing to give it a go... color of my choice, of course. GI6

·
Registered
997 Posts
Tony, have you ever tried machining a laminate stock with the lamination several degrees off of the centerline of the stock? This would eliminate the topographic 'contour line' effect and might make for more of a tiger stripe.
I might 'commission' one if you're willing to give it a go... color of my choice, of course. GI6
I like symmetry so I've considered "book paging" laminate in that way to give that effect. The countour lines are what give laminates their beauty. It's appreciated greatly by some and no some much by others.

May consider doing one like that. Doing my best to catch up to all of the requests. Still have Walnuts to fo in the shown M14P1 and my M14H6.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Form following function

While the colors may not appeal to everyone, I think the workmanship and quality fit is the topic here. The laminate is not my favorite, but I have some in natural hues that look fair and there is no arguing the stability. When it comes down to it that is where it is at. To some of us, the M14 is sexy but it will never be a Browning Superposed. It is a work gun and should wear work clothingGI7 I love fine woodwork in all forms, particuarly when it is practical which is the category this falls into. I do feel it is direspectfull to call someone's hard work "poop" though

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
While the colors may not appeal to everyone, I think the workmanship and quality fit is the topic here. The laminate is not my favorite, but I have some in natural hues that look fair and there is no arguing the stability. When it comes down to it that is where it is at. To some of us, the M14 is sexy but it will never be a Browning Superposed. It is a work gun and should wear work clothingGI7 I love fine woodwork in all forms, particuarly when it is practical which is the category this falls into. I do feel it is direspectfull to call someone's hard work "poop" though
By no means do I think his work is poop... far from it... I was just trying to get across how much I dislike the looks of these plywood stocks. Too bad for me too, because for where I live a "laminated" stock is actually pretty practical. Please forgive me, I meant no offense to his craft.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I like,and since I hunt I really like it,would like to see a standard from you in a camo or something that would be subdued enough for hunting nothing that sticks out like a t$#d in a punch bowl.Laminated definately has its good points over standard wood.

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Looks good to me.

You might be onto something with a brown / Olive color scheme.

You want to send one out to Hawaii for a jungle environment testing phase??

I'd be more than happy to help you Tony!GI6GI6

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
My Ex-MIL wasn't even that fugly . . and she made Fred Flintstone look good . . besides, she had a better beard than me . .

Just kidding . . I am not a fan of the laminated look, especially those neon colors . . subdue it a bit and we'll talk . .

Now, if you could do the pistol grip stock more in a GI profile . . . and in walnut or birch . . . Hubba Hubba!!!!

I am glad, sir, that you are providing us M14o'phobes more schtuph to lust after . .

Peace, Out \ /

LoB

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
1 - 20 of 69 Posts