M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The little windows that pop up all over the damn place when you roll over an unread post. It is the message that the poster has written.

ANNOYING! I do not want to always float my mouse over to the left or right to avoid them!

Most of the TFL changes..........CLAP2

Some of the changes..........PEODGIF

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
You got that right. But I really don't remember if it started before or after the change.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I ,too, find that one annoying. If I want to read it, I'll open it. I find the window both distracting and it also covers up what I am trying to read. In all fairness, it is a small price to pay for all of the good things going on here. IMHO

·
Banned
3,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lash is there any way to opt out of the messages that pop up?GI1

It would be nice to be able to do so. Otherwise I am going to just work extra hard at keeping the mouse to the left or right only.GI3

·
Registered
914 Posts
I just know there's a way here.....

Help! I'm purty sure I saw a way to find a list of all my previous posts on this forum. Handy if you want to check for possible answers to questions you've asked, yes?

Had some fun today with Lucy and her first 20 rounds, @ about 80 meters. Used 180gr Federal std ammo, which may be a bit heavy diet for the M1A. Next time, it'll be 165s in handloads over Varget. Had trouble seeing the smallish precision targets at that range with the "irons", and would have preferred a larger, lighter-colored NatMatch type of target.

Well, it's too danged late here, but Huzzah: watching CNN for the past 1/2 h AND!!! ....we got that fanatic creep, and in his own house to boot! Wonder if there might have been a Mother 14 Apha in the fray... Navy Seals and all! you know; as a sort of "Why yes, please DO come in!" motivator.

Night-all!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I may be in the minority, but I PREFER forums that have the post previews (I think that's what they're called). :/

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm with GOG. The previews let me scan quickly, especially posts with titles that don't always accurately describe what's inside. I do agree, however, that there should be a way to opt out of them for those who don't care for them.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I could take it or leave it, maybe Lash can adjust the holdover time, so that you have to hover over an unread link for 10 seconds or something.. best of both worlds?

·
Registered
607 Posts
I like them too, sometimes its easier when scanning through, maybe its something ive already read, or something that I dont have a particular interest in right now, but either way - its a good snapshot!

·
Site Admin
325 Posts
Unfortunately, this preview window cannot be toggled on or off. Someone on the forum asked for it, so I turned it on, and some like it and some dont. The reason I went ahead and left it is because in a way, you dont have to see it if you just dont hold your mouse over a thread title.

For example, when you're viewing a page or scrolling through a list of threads, just put your mouse arrow on the far side of the screen and scroll down there. As long as your mouse cursor is not hovering over a thread title, you wont see the preview.

For those that dont have scroll wheels on your mouse, and you're using the scroll bar in your browse window, you dont have to worry about it since youre mouse cursor is already off the thread title.

For those that dont like the preview, does this work for you?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I love it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.