M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we are facing a likely Kamala Harris presidency (with Joe Biden as a figurehead), I purchased some magazines for my carry gun. I included four ten-rounders in the order. If there is a new assault weapons ban, I want to be ready before everyone else is forced to buy compliant magazines and they become scarce. Just thought I would put that out there for everyone to consider.

It was galling to buy the ten-rounders since I live in a free state. But, I can use them for training and spare some wear on my more valuable standard capacity magazines.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I'm not registering or giving anything up to these Communists. They will have to come and take them... Although I see your point about a carry weapon and getting caught with a hi-capacity should they ban them. If I'm forced to I'll go to one of my revolvers or Combat Commander for carry in a pinch.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I understand your concern about a Harris/Biden presidency, I just bought a couple more 32rd 9mm AR magazines for my SBR. I think I'm pretty well stocked up on mags for all my other platforms, though I'm focused on having original capacity mags right now. Get them while you can.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I will not comply. I will not register. I am not going to give up my guns to live under tyranny. I didnt forget my oath to the constitution. Unconstitutional law is not law.
Come and take it.
Stop and think about it...if they do come and try to take whatever weapon it is and push comes to shove you'll be lucky to get 2 or 3 rounds off. Nor have I forgotten my oath to the constitution. Personally I don't think the confiscation will be that in your face...they will threaten your family,children, grand children, maybe shut off your electricity. They will have the resources...you and I will have our rifle and handgun. Iam with you. God bless us.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Remember Randy Weaver... Uncle Sugar has many willing minions to do their dirty work, many are good men often lied to and told "stories" to believe what they are doing is just. But in the end.... Sic Semper Tyrannis

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stop and think about it...if they do come and try to take whatever weapon it is and push comes to shove you'll be lucky to get 2 or 3 rounds off. Nor have I forgotten my oath to the constitution. Personally I don't think the confiscation will be that in your face...they will threaten your family,children, grand children, maybe shut off your electricity. They will have the resources...you and I will have our rifle and handgun. Iam with you. God bless us.
You said a mouthful, sir. "Stop and think about it."

What happened to Bill Clinton's much touted "assault weapons ban?" Did it not "sunset?" When was the last sure-enough repressive national firearms legislation? I'm thinking LBJ's GCA 1968. If I'm wrong, I am sure somebody will correct me but that's what I recall. I have carry permits from two states, reciprocal in a huge swath of the country, unthought of sixty years ago..

I will repeat it, there is nobody alive, nobody, not one single human being who has more loathing for Ms. Harris, Sleepy Joe, Chuck Schumer, Ms. Pelosi, Bernie, Elizabeth, their whole filthy lot than I. Still, we have a representative government and we are not without political strength. Why would intelligent people adopt an "in your face" approach to legislation that has not been proposed yet? Why advertise one's willingness to fight and die like dogs in the street for a threat that has not yet arisen? It does not make "our side" look very sane, law-abiding, or smart. And that matters, particularly when, as is happening right this minute in Georgia, the U.S. Senate hangs in the balance. Why give the other side ammunition that pro-gun people are prepared to shoot it out with the authorities when the bad bad BATFE guys show up? I do not understand. "Law-abiding" means I'm going to abide by the law.

Spend a few minutes surfing the internet for infrared footage of our military sending in drones to kill off a real or supposed threat somewhere in the world. They work! Now, quick, jot down all the reasons they would not send one of those devices into your dining room during Christmas dinner if they, meaning the lawful authorities, perceived a threat.

I'm sorry if I sound insufficiently bloodthirsty.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Remember, "You lost ALL your guns in a boating accident!"
Also, remember 18 USC 1001, that's what sent Martha Stewart to prison and convicted General Michael Flynn of a felony. Why not just exercise your right to remain silent? Why say anything?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Idaho...Has several second Amendment Sanctuary Cities: Star, Eagle and Now Nampa..We also have this little kid bit.... Idaho passed a law declaring that the state does not have to abide by federal gun laws going forward. The law, which criminalizes the enforcement of federal gun laws, passed unanimously in both the House and the Senate and takes effect immediately.

Under the new law, state law-enforcement officials could also be fined up to $1,000 and charged with a misdemeanor for enforcing federal gun laws.

"This is an important first step for Idaho," Tenth Amendment Center spokesman Mike Maharrey told BenSwann.com. "Getting this law passed will ensure that any new plans or executive orders that might be coming our way will not be enforced in Idaho. Then, once this method is established and shown to be effective, legislators can circle back and start doing the same for federal gun control already on the books."

Both Alaska and Kansas have passed similar "nullification" laws. Kansas approved the Second Amendment Protection Act last April, and Alaska enacted a similar law in June. A ProPublica investigation from last spring found that at least 37 other states have introduced similar bills. Under the Kansas law, residents could "manufacture and sell semi-automatic weapons in-state without a federal license or any federal oversight." The law also made it a felony for federal authorities to enforce any law that conflicts with state law.

Is it enforceable ? So far nobody has moved forward to be the Test Case...

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Then, you are living in delusion. READ what Biden and Harris support: ANY firearm that can accept a magazine of more than ten rounds WILL be classified as an "assault weapon" or a "weapon of war", PERIOD. They want a MANDATORY "buy back". These snakes understand one thing: raw power. The ONLY way to confront tyrants obsessed with power is with overwhelming, unfettered power. I would rather die defending my God given Constitutional rights that my great-great-great-great grandfather waded through freezing flood waters to capture Cahokia and Vincennes to establish than chafe under the the boot of tyranny.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
You said a mouthful, sir. "Stop and think about it."

What happened to Bill Clinton's much touted "assault weapons ban?" Did it not "sunset?" When was the last sure-enough repressive national firearms legislation? I'm thinking LBJ's GCA 1968. If I'm wrong, I am sure somebody will correct me but that's what I recall. I have carry permits from two states, reciprocal in a huge swath of the country, unthought of sixty years ago..

I will repeat it, there is nobody alive, nobody, not one single human being who has more loathing for Ms. Harris, Sleepy Joe, Chuck Schumer, Ms. Pelosi, Bernie, Elizabeth, their whole filthy lot than I. Still, we have a representative government and we are not without political strength. Why would intelligent people adopt an "in your face" approach to legislation that has not been proposed yet? Why advertise one's willingness to fight and die like dogs in the street for a threat that has not yet arisen? It does not make "our side" look very sane, law-abiding, or smart. And that matters, particularly when, as is happening right this minute in Georgia, the U.S. Senate hangs in the balance. Why give the other side ammunition that pro-gun people are prepared to shoot it out with the authorities when the bad bad BATFE guys show up? I do not understand. "Law-abiding" means I'm going to abide by the law.

Spend a few minutes surfing the internet for infrared footage of our military sending in drones to kill off a real or supposed threat somewhere in the world. They work! Now, quick, jot down all the reasons they would not send one of those devices into your dining room during Christmas dinner if they, meaning the lawful authorities, perceived a threat.

I'm sorry if I sound insufficiently bloodthirsty.
Then, you had better pray that the Republicans keep the Senate. That will be the ONLY "speed bump" to the progressive nightmare that the DEMwits have in mind. You need to read Sun Tzu....."Know your enemy". The Bible puts it this way..."Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks". Believe them when they say they are going to confiscate your firearms.....

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I dont have any children but if i did my response would be i am standing against tyranny for them.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Then, you are living in delusion. READ what Biden and Harris support: ANY firearm that can accept a magazine of more than ten rounds WILL be classified as an "assault weapon" or a "weapon of war", PERIOD. They want a MANDATORY "buy back". These snakes understand one thing: raw power. The ONLY way to confront tyrants obsessed with power is with overwhelming, unfettered power. I would rather die defending my God given Constitutional rights that my great-great-great-great grandfather waded through freezing flood waters to capture Cahokia and Vincennes to establish than chafe under the the boot of tyranny.
Iam neither delusional nor am I a "keyboard warrior". Nor will I be the guy flying the drone that is tracking your cellphone. This is today's reality...I know little of what happened at Cahokia or Vincennes but Iam aware of what is happening right now in America and it frightens me. I served my country honorably in Vietnam and I can tell you; I was afraid then also but for different reasons. I will stop now before this thread goes sideways.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Let me clarify: I'm not planning to register or turn anything in. But I don't want a random police stop / check of my carry weapon to reveal what I have. Aside from getting jammed up for carrying an illegal magazine, it's an easy step from there to get a search warrant for my property. If I have to live with 10 rounders for EDC and range trips for a few years, I will.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Also, remember 18 USC 1001, that's what sent Martha Stewart to prison and convicted General Michael Flynn of a felony. Why not just exercise your right to remain silent? Why say anything?
Well, being Irish on both sides of the family, I have the right to remain silent but I don't have the ability.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Remember Randy Weaver... Uncle Sugar has many willing minions to do their dirty work, many are good men often lied to and told "stories" to believe what they are doing is just. But in the end.... Sic Semper Tyrannis
Bill Barr played an active role in the Ruby Ridge murders.

Barr received a routine questionnaire from the Judiciary Committee asking him to disclose his past work including pro bono activities “serving the disadvantaged.” The “disadvantaged” that Barr spent the most time helping was an FBI agent who slayed an Idaho mother holding her baby in 1992. Barr spent two weeks organizing former Attorneys General and others to support “an FBI sniper in defending against criminal charges in connection with the Ruby Ridge incident.” Barr also “assisted in framing legal arguments advanced… in the district court and the subsequent appeal to the Ninth Circuit,” he told the committee.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts