M14 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After nine months of off and on trying to get my Op Rod off I finally Got Her OFF. and the Tab on the SA op rod measures a Very Proud .97
The only reason I wanted it off was to make sure the Roller was properly Greased
Sorry But I just had Share

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Persistence pays off!GI6

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
We are here to share the joys and sorrows of your life, and we are proud of you, Wade!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Glad to hear you were successful! That sucker must have been on there good. Is it a bad thing that my op rod is easy to remove? I hadn't read about them being a problem to remove in some instances.

·
"Death From Above"
11,432 Posts
Have a couple of stuborn knes myself. Glad to hear you finally got it off. Any reason why you didn't try the Ol plastic hammer trick? Works everytime for me and all I do is tap it. No damage to the receiver or oprod tab.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congrats!! I have a relatively new SA NM, and I have yet to get the op rod off, I've only had it out of the stock once, but I may try it again on the next cleaning. Guess I'll keep trying each year I take it down, it's got to come off before I get too old to shoot P_G

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
My Soc16 op rod was a bugger to get off and it took about 6 tries the first time. Once I found the sweet spot it's easy now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts