M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I contacted McCann Industries and I am on the waiting list for their stock. They said I can pay for it when It ships the the back log will take about 3-4 months to complete.

The reason why I chose this stock is because I am not a really big guy and I don't think I could handle the weight of a SAGE EBR stock.

And so, I want to know what you all think of the stock.

-Does it require bedding?
-Is it a step up from a USGI fiberglass stock or Vltor stock?
-Is it worth the investment?

I can still pull my name off the waiting list but I haven't found enough negative info on the forums to make me want to.

Any input whatsoever is totally appreciated.

Best regards,
Snickerdoodleton

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
You can be the forum guinea pig GI6. I don't think anyone has got one or if they have it's been kept under wraps.

I looked into one before buying my Sage, I saw a few minor details I didn't personally like so I went with the Sage.

According to the guys at McCann it does not require bedding.

The other two questions are entirely dependent on the owner, one person may think it's the holy grail of stocks and another may think it's crap. Very subjective.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Buy it! Then let me play with it. OK?

I like the McCann stuff and have spoken with them at SHOT at length in the past.

·
Registered
249 Posts
If you don't mind the wait, I'd go for it. There are so few out there that they haven't received a detailed review yet. Because of this and limited availability, you could probably recoup most of your cost if you decide you don't like it.

I have their scope mount and it has served me well.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I have been on their waiting list since the beginning of febuary. I was told that they would contact me in the middle of febuary to finalize my order and get payment info.

I too have been haveing a hard time chooseing between the McCann stock and the Sage. I like the light weight and different options of the McCann. But I like the proven performance of the Sage, Just don't care for the looks with all the rails. I do not need them either.

As far as is it a step up from the military fiberglass stock, I think that would be a definate yes. Much stiffer in the forearm. It also has the ability to customize the butt stock to the user choice.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I love mine. use search i think i have a picture up somewhere. mine was bedded by him because it is m25 rear lug. He used same carbon fiber and resin stock is made of. I think regular reciever sits in aluminum chassis stock is built around. I waited a year. worth the wait imho. DI5

try this picasaweb.google.com/pjomalley/McCann

·
Registered
10 Posts
pjomalley- if you get a chance will you post a pic of that mccann stock. i searched for a while and couldn't find it anywhere on here. thanks in advance

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I promise you all that I will give a massive in depth review of the stock once I receive it! This is really exciting me and I am glad that I got a bunch of feedback.

Regardless of weather or not it needs to be bedded I think I will be happy. If it requires bedding I will not do so because I want this stock to build myself a nice reliable "battle rifle" sort of configuration.

When I have enough money later on down the road (college is one hell of a money-suck) I will be building a "marksman configuration with an LRB receiver and Possibly a SAGE.

However, lets forget about that and stay on topic.

Pjomalley, It seems you have a Mccann stock of your own, I believe I have actually seen a couple of picture of it on the forum! I have a huge favor to ask-------------------------Would it be possible for you to remove the action of your rifle and give us some pictures of it? You can send them to me and I'll take care of it so you don't have to bother with it all.

A lot of people would greatly appreciate it if we could see pictures of the parts of the stock that aren't shown online such as the way the barrel is free floated.

Lets keep this thread alive and create a legit review of the McCann industries stock for everyone to reference

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
That stock looks pretty impressive. I wonder if they will make a standard profile M14 stock?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Now that would be nice. Stiffened and tightened up but standard profile with matching hand guard. Now that has some appeal to me for some mysterious reason.
No kidding. I want my pending LRB build to be as light as possible, so one of these in a standard profile, that does not require bedding, would be ideal.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
From Heuygunner is that they do not need bedding.

See post #185 in thread link provided. Also in conversation with him, he states that no bedding is required.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
From Heuygunner is that they do not need bedding.

See post #185 in thread link provided. Also in conversation with him, he states that no bedding is required.
Good to know. Initial reports were that they needed bedding. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts