M14 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I thought cats and snakes were part of the same group 😁😇
Hello,
Snakes, yes. I can see that. But, not someones domestic kitty cat... Well, unless the boys can catch him.
Land vehicle Car Dog Vehicle Vertebrate

He should have been a quicker kitty...
No my boys didn't know what a cat was. A lot of other critters, bears and deer to chase and catch up here.
Those were my boys, the best of buddies. Cosmos(on left) at about 131/2yrs. old and Angus at about 6-7mos. old.
This shot is of them in front of the shop right before Cosmos passing at 16yrs. by a couple weeks. They were tight. If any dog gave the old man any trouble when out on a walk, the game was on. The lug head would step/rush on in... Angus, was focused on a ground squrrel in that picture.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Collar Working animal

Brings tears to my eyes looking at these picture.
For, I had to put Angus down last year in April at only14yrs. old. Because, he broke his femur getting up from a sitting position(begging for treats). And, the Vet couldn't fix it for he had a tumor which weakened the bone and it couldn't be cross pinned with plates. I wasn't going to remove his rear leg at that age...
Worse yet. That was the day after, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. One ****ty day for sure. For, I lost my best friend and companion that day... Last year sucked, big time boys. I had to go through it all alone.

Sorry to get off topic guys... Carry on, I have some work to get done.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nope, sounds good. Although the get to know me stuff sounds kind of silly for what I assume is a site of grown men, sounds like a way to make make men groan ba dum tssss. I posted about myself in a reply to a guy hating on vortex, maybe that counts. I’ll figure it out. Thanks for the red carpet roll out
He said it much nicer than I will. EVERYTIME there is a problem with a scam or other such pain it’s ALWAYS due to a new member. Not all new members cause problems, but all the ripoff artists want to start selling stuff as soon as they’re members. To me you resemble, in every way, a HUSTLER. You don’t care to respect the rules in place to help members. Some of us are smart enough to read exactly what you are. You won’t be here long.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Do you belong, join any other forums in the last few days?

By chance are you a Barber?

Do you have any hobbies?

Is the kitty yours or the neighbors?

Can you place a current newspaper by your Rifle?

I would welcome you but I do not know if that is alright as I do not follow rules very well because I do not want to read what are trite, reasonable insights to forum protocols.

You are pointing at my refrigerator and the ice cubes are beginning to freeze.

·
Premium Member
8,197 Posts
Hello,
Snakes, yes. I can see that. But, not someones domestic kitty cat... Well, unless the boys can catch him. View attachment 468178
No my boys didn't know what a cat was. A lot of other critters, bears and deer to chase and catch up here.
Those were my boys, the best of buddies. Cosmos(on left) at about 131/2yrs. old and Angus at about 6-7mos. old.
This shot is of them in front of the shop right before Cosmos passing at 16yrs. by a couple weeks. They were tight. If any dog gave the old man any trouble when out on a walk, the game was on. The lug head would step/rush on in... Angus, was focused on a ground squrrel in that picture. View attachment 468179
For, I had to put Angus down last year in April at only14yrs. old. Because, he broke his femur getting up from a sitting position(begging for treats). And, the Vet couldn't fix it for he had a tumor which weakened the bone and it couldn't be cross pinned with plates. I wasn't going to remove his rear leg at that age...
Worse yet. That was the day after, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. One ****ty day for sure. For, I lost my best friend and companion that day... Last year sucked, big time boys. I had to go through it all alone.

Damn boltaction, I am liking you more and more. Just goes to show, ya got to get to know someone before you pass judgment.

You hang in there!
If you were closer, I would drink a beer with you. Well thats a lie, I would drink bourbon.

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!

REN

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
He said it much nicer than I will. EVERYTIME there is a problem with a scam or other such pain it’s ALWAYS due to a new member. Not all new members cause problems, but all the ripoff artists want to start selling stuff as soon as they’re members. To me you resemble, in every way, a HUSTLER. You don’t care to respect the rules in place to help members. Some of us are smart enough to read exactly what you are. You won’t be here long.
Something tells me you aren’t as perceptive as you think. I’ve been going out of my way to ask about the rules. I openly stated I was interested to sell a part that guys with m1a’s might want, so I came to an m1a forum. There’s nothing sinister about it, I’ve been an open book every step of the way. I’ve been participating in discussions, started a thread where I posted a pic of my new handguard (which is why I have the cluster rail to sell in the first place). I’m a broke early 30’s guy who lost his dream career through sabotage and politics, and is starting over working $15 an hour at a sporting goods store i hate. I start college soon to hopefully do something better. I don’t have much money. Therefore, having this somewhat rare and somewhat desirable piece of equipment, I would like to sell it as I could use the money. I’ll probably keep posting here just to spite you, as the only other place I can stand dealing w people is 4chan frankly. Besides the oddly misplaced hostilities (and oddly worded, frankly), I’m not particularly offended by what you said. This is funny to me because you said “he said it nicer.” You actually said it nicer from where I stand. Thanks, hustler-hunter-killer

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Excellent example of a cheekweld for a right handed shooter using the left eye to aim.
I’m a bit of a moron, but I was actually aiming through the 45 degree canted dot initially, but then looking at the camera too. So if you were blazing me, well played. If you thought I was using some sort of intentional technique, I hate to be the bearer of bad news.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Do you belong, join any other forums in the last few days?

By chance are you a Barber?

Do you have any hobbies?

Is the kitty yours or the neighbors?

Can you place a current newspaper by your Rifle?

I would welcome you but I do not know if that is alright as I do not follow rules very well because I do not want to read what are trite, reasonable insights to forum protocols.

You are pointing at my refrigerator and the ice cubes are beginning to freeze.
I have not joined any other forums anytime in the last few years. The kitty is named Luna. She’s mine. I don’t get a newspaper delivered and I’m not buying one to take a picture with. You can reverse google image search if you’re implying I stole the pix. I am
my own barber. I lost passion for my hobbies besides shooting, as I turned my favorite hobby into a successful career and lost it through no fault of my own.
Head Hand Cat Eye Felidae

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
You could always try EBay,I don’t use it but some people like it.Have a great day.
I considered it, I used to use it when I was 18 or so. I just didn’t feel like going through the trouble when I figured I could reach my target audience easier on a site like this. And who knows, maybe enjoy my stay despite these overly aggressive weirdos acting like I’m some kind of existential threat to them. As if, in an online deal, I don’t stand to lose something as well (by sending my part and not being paid). Frankly I’m curious how this is done in a way that is safe to all parties.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hello,
Snakes, yes. I can see that. But, not someones domestic kitty cat... Well, unless the boys can catch him. View attachment 468178
This shot is of them in front of the shop right before Cosmos passing at 16yrs. by a couple weeks. They were tight. If any dog gave the old man any trouble when out on a walk, the game was on. The lug head would step/rush on in... Angus, was focused on a ground squrrel in that picture. View attachment 468179

im sorry to hear about your dogs. I love dogs, more than cats by a good margin (sorry Luna, I still
Love you). But what I’ve found is that life is essentially suffering. Even when you find those good times, no, especially when you find those good times, suffering is just around the corner. The way I see it, the best we can do is try to live in a way that reduces unnecessary suffering for yourself, and for others.

I think there is some deep truth to be found in the Greek myth of Sisyphus. Long story short, he cheats death multiple times, and Zeus condemns to roll a huge boulder up a hill for eternity. The interesting part of this, to me, is that he was not rewarded for his clever ways of escaping death. Instead, Zeus (who we can read as nature or existence itself) sees to it that while he is alive? He toils and suffers meaninglessly. He rolls the boulder up the hill every day, only to be forced to repeat the task the next day, and so on in perpetuity.

I think what the Greeks caught on to was that until you surrender to death, you will be like Sisyphus. Slaving away at things that don’t matter in the grand scheme.

Ultimately, though, it is in our human nature to say f*** death, and push on even though nothing we do matters in the end. Human nature is something like Sisyphus, midway up the hill, caught in the struggle, and pressing on, because that’s what humans do.

Your dogs are in a better place now, and it seems like you, too, have made the decision to continue moving the boulder. Good on you, and if there is any justice in this reality, you’ll see your dogs again some day.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Who puts a firearm on an animal like that? How long will dude last?
Huh? My cat rubs against my rifles all the time. Does she look distressed, or am i
Pointing the gun at her ? The cat likes guns, what can I say.

Really, think about it for a second. What is the difference between the cat rubbing herself on a rifle to scratch her back, vs me using the side of a pistol to scratch her neck, with the muzzle nowhere near sweeping her and the gun unloaded?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
As if, in an online deal, I don’t stand to lose something as well (by sending my part and not being paid). Frankly I’m curious how this is done in a way that is safe to all parties.
You have to understand, there are people here who have been defrauded out of thousands of dollars by dubious fraudsters posting exceptionally realistic ads for desirable parts. Kinda like the people I run into in my line of work that come to town and think they have rented a house on one of the private rental sites only to find out it was never for rent and only offered for sale by a out of town owner, not the no good that saw a vacant house and took advantage of someone.

Reactions: dbell54

·
Registered
18 Posts
I considered it, I used to use it when I was 18 or so. I just didn’t feel like going through the trouble when I figured I could reach my target audience easier on a site like this. And who knows, maybe enjoy my stay despite these overly aggressive weirdos acting like I’m some kind of existential threat to them. As if, in an online deal, I don’t stand to lose something as well (by sending my part and not being paid). Frankly I’m curious how this is done in a way that is safe to all parties.
Try the S&W forum at smith-wessonforum.com Smith & Wesson Forum
They have a classified section where folks list lots more than just S&Ws. AFAIK they don't have the 50 post rule, but they DO have very specific rules about how to list and respond, so read them carefully. You'll find less flaming over there, but scammers are a very real threat, so just understand how folks can be pretty wary. Scammers are invariably new members who signed up just to scam folks. Oh, and if you are interested in S&Ws, you need to be there anyway. Great forums.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts